Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gen 3 Brake Judder  (Read 2272 times)

Offline pcarnut

• Explorer Pro
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
Re: Gen 3 Brake Judder
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 03:44:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by NiK [+]
Never heard about this one!
And what is it supposed to do?
Helps get air out of the line, don't know the exact way it works but it does.  Wrap a small bungee or something elastic around the brake lever so it pull the lever towards the handlebar with light-moderate pressure, leave it over night.  It often helps firm up a spongy lever.  Just don't forget to take it off before trying to ride away!  :087:   
2018 T12, 2014 TEx, 2011 1050

Online RaglandT

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tigers 800xc-1200XRT
  • City / Town: San Francisco
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 05:27:34 AM »
I think the theory behind the bungie cord trick is that pulling the lever opens the valve to the lines, and then leaving it overnight the air in the lines will rise up through the reservoir on the bar - exiting the lines ...

Offline unsubtle

• Explorer Master
  • Improving impact velocity since 1904
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 12:53:00 PM »
Pulling the lever closes off the line from the reservoir. You can see this happening at the hole at the bottom of the reservoir if you take the top off.  It's more normal to leave the lever alone, turn the bars to put the reservoir as high as possible, and leave overnight to get air out of the line - but of course on a TEX that won't clear air in the loop over the front wheel.

If there is only a little air in the line, gently working the lever back and forth will often work faster, and you can see the bubbes coming up into the reservoir.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 12:55:13 PM by unsubtle »

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 02:24:52 PM »
This is the procedure I know.
(which I performed on an old Aprilia recently)

Recent Topics

nonskid