Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TOMTOM RIDER 500 ISSUES  (Read 470 times)

Offline bikesntrucks

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer XC 1200
  • City / Town: Irchester
TOMTOM RIDER 500 ISSUES
« on: July 05, 2018, 07:23:02 AM »
Does anyone use a TOMTOM RIDER 500?

Just got mine and it seems quite limited on how much you can personalise it. ( i.e. map colour, units, front screen, personalise menu.)

Plus I absolutely hate doing electrics, do any of you recommend where and how to wire in?

Thanks in advance.

All the gear and no idea!

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: TOMTOM RIDER 500 ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 09:08:02 AM »
I use the TomTom Rider 550 (same as the 500 but just worldwide maps, same price too which is a little odd?). I thought the personalisation was OK, messed about with the colours but went back to the default as they seemed to offer the best contrast and clarity. I would use the supplied wiring loom direct to the battery or a fuse block if you have one fitted. The Triumph dealer has had an awful time finding a reliable switched supply for my wired tankbag on my Gen3. They said the usual tapping points for them are not working as expected over the previous gens. My tank bag power supply is totally random when the ignition is off.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 09:09:42 AM by XCaTel »

Offline bikesntrucks

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer XC 1200
  • City / Town: Irchester
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 09:13:21 AM »
I don't want the power supply on all the time as it would be with battery.  Ive got 2 colour choices and i dont like either of them. So used to my truck sat nav I suppose.
All the gear and no idea!

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 09:23:10 AM »
Try an update, I have only had mine a month or so and it has done a major update and a complete map update already, the map update takes the best part of a day. There are more than two colour choices on mine. I can only suggest you tap off the headlight supply then if you want it with ignition only.

Recent Topics

nonskid