Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: avon spirit st  (Read 906 times)

Offline adey

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: swindon
avon spirit st
« on: July 15, 2018, 08:21:12 PM »
has anyone tried the Avon spirit st tyres, they are the successor to the 3d x-m , the metz next are about shagged uneven wear and the road 5 trail haven't been released in my front wheel size yet so thinking of putting a set of these on I had the 3d x-m's on the mk1 explorer and they were brilliant went to Austria on tour done about 2500 miles and the tyres were like new when we returned so the spirit st should be just as good or better

Offline Villager

• Explorer Pro
  • 2017 XRx
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
  • City / Town: The Village
Re: avon spirit st
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 10:47:24 PM »
3D are still available - put a set on my other bike.

Chris Mullins in Gloucester is selling them at a good price - £180 a pair, fitted to the bike. ST were about £250 I think, about the same as PR4

I've been happy with the 3D and would put them on the XRx once the Tourance are worn out.

Offline adey

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 06:36:15 PM »
only problem is they don't do the 3d x-m in the 120 wide front tyre only the 110

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 06:44:50 PM »
Been cock-a-hoop with my new Continental TKCs. They've transformed my riding. OK that's not saying much.  :015:

Offline adey

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 10:29:53 PM »
Bit the bullet and getting a set of the spirit st fitted Saturday morning , YouTube reviews seemed to be good for them

Offline adey

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 07:47:46 AM »
Got the tyres fitted for £225 on loose wheels, done a few hundred miles on them and the seems just as good as the 3D x-m great handling and grip haven’t tried in the wet yet but for a road only tyre they they will match the main competitors and about £70 cheaper there should be no problem with tyre life if they are the same as the 3D x-m ,I will update after a couple of thousand miles

Recent Topics