Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wearing a hole in my driveshaft! - Gen 3 exhaust, check yours now.  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Thousand Oaks, Ca
Re: Wearing a hole in my driveshaft! - Gen 3 exhaust, check yours now.
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2018, 11:27:02 PM »
Strangely enough, most of my bikes have springs between the header and the tail pipe. That includes my Beta, which has the tail pipe bolted (not clamped) to the subframe and it still has a spring. Weird that Triumph seems to think the pipe will stay together with the minimal amount of support.  :027:

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 10:22:12 PM »
Bike back from the dealers today all fixed up. Driveshaft housing just cleaned up and painted rather than replaced, it was a good job so I am happy. Brand new Arrow can fitted with new clamps  at the header pipe connection. Looks like a new centre-stand was fitted too so not sure if it is a modified design? The rubber stop on the left hand side comes out easily so maybe not. Not sure why that would of been changed at all really? I don't think there is any change to the overall design unless the front clamp is modified in some way. So, happy the issue was put right with no quibble but still got to keep a close eye on that front joint I think.

Offline Regi T

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer 1200
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2018, 11:36:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by Hawk281 [+]
this my attempt at a solution  :005:

Can't tell in the pic, but what is the rear of the spring connected to?

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Thousand Oaks, Ca
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2018, 03:09:21 PM »
large hose clamp, has not moved since this modification, put over 700 miles since doing and have had no movement. :028:

Offline Regi T

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer 1200
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2018, 12:39:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by Hawk281 [+]
large hose clamp, has not moved since this modification, put over 700 miles since doing and have had no movement. :028:
Sensible mod, thanks Hawk281  :001:

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2018, 09:32:50 AM »
Just a footnote, this front clamp bolt still works a little loose after the Triumph fix so I don't think there is any design change in any of the components that were replaced. The rear carbon bracket does not seem to grip the silencer to any greater degree. The front exhaust clamp bolt took a full turn to nip it up today, just keep an eye on it. It is definitely better now the rear section is fully inserted up to the shoulder though.

Offline Vin829

• Explorer Member
  • City / Town: San Jose, CA
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 02:19:41 PM »
My new XCa was lose from day one from the dealer. I found it myself before this post. I just realigned the dhaust and put a drop of locktight onto the clamp threads. Been great for the past 3k miles

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Winterswijk
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2019, 01:14:27 PM »
Here the same issue on my 2018xca. Went back to the dealer. Showed them the issue. The salesmanager didn’t know about the issue. He Made a phonecall to Triumph Netherlands and they told him they knew the issue and that there was a service call for this. Instantly everything was arrangeur to get new stuff and aan appointment is made for replacing damaged parts. Big thumbs up for Triumph Netherlands.

The rubber blok on the left side I have to check. I don’t recall seeing this on mine. But I Will take this up with them on the 23de of March, when my appointment is.

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Winterswijk
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2019, 08:57:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne [+]
Here the same issue on my 2018xca. Went back to the dealer. Showed them the issue. The salesmanager didn’t know about the issue. He Made a phonecall to Triumph Netherlands and they told him they knew the issue and that there was a service call for this. Instantly everything was arrangeur to get new stuff and aan appointment is made for replacing damaged parts. Big thumbs up for Triumph Netherlands.

The rubber blok on the left side I have to check. I don’t recall seeing this on mine. But I Will take this up with them on the 23de of March, when my appointment is.

Update!!!!
My drive schaft also damiged. This week back to dealer. I noticed that on the 2018 moddels the rubber block is Munch smaller and lower as they are on the 2019’s.

My exchaust, even after the modificaties, came out of the collector again after 1 week. My modification is as follows.
I drew a 3mm hole just behind the clamp in the collector. Put a stainless steel screw in it and now the exchaust is not able to move anymore.

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2019, 11:26:42 AM »
Great tip!
Still, drilling a new exhaust just because Triumph is unable to make a proper design...

Recent Topics