Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gen 3 Jumping out of second.  (Read 1043 times)

Offline stealingbacktime

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 1200 XRx Cobalt blue
  • City / Town: Holmefirth
Re: Gen 3 Jumping out of second.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 09:00:42 PM »
Strange this.....over the last week or so my tiger (which I have had since March - brand new ) when I go from 1st to 2nd, it seems to go to neutral and not into 2nd gear....not matter how I change gear ...whether nice and slow or when I pull away slightly quicker say from lights I get the same problem..but ..it doesn't happen every time. Any advice peeps ?

Many thanks in advance   
3 of the 4 voices keep telling me to go to sleep...the 4th voice wants to know if penguins have knees....

Offline guiri

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 09:23:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by stealingbacktime [+]
Any advice peeps ?

Not sure it is just me, but I very rarely put the bike in first. I find the first to second change a bit clunky (especially at gentle revs) so I just avoid it. Bike pulls away fine in second (and third and fourth for that matter), and the second to third change is normally smooth.

Cheers
guiri

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 11:27:25 PM »
Strange this.....over the last week or so my tiger (which I have had since March - brand new ) when I go from 1st to 2nd, it seems to go to neutral and not into 2nd gear....not matter how I change gear ...whether nice and slow or when I pull away slightly quicker say from lights I get the same problem..but ..it doesn't happen every time.
Check your shift linkage for loose bits. Have you changed boots recently?
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline stealingbacktime

• Explorer Member
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 08:58:40 PM »
**** Update****

Well I spoke to the service department at the dealership this morning<tell them my tale of woe.
They said that they would discuss my problem with the technical department and get back to me.
Sure enough I had a phone call this afternoon informing me that they think that the selector is defective and have ordered me replacements parts under warranty.
All being well these new parts will be fitted on Friday.

Thanks to Captain Trips and Guiri for taking the time to read my message and for their thoughts on the problem.

I'LL keep you posted

Regards  SBT 
3 of the 4 voices keep telling me to go to sleep...the 4th voice wants to know if penguins have knees....

Offline kenw

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Red Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 12:40:32 AM »
Sure enough I had a phone call this afternoon informing me that they think that the selector is defective and have ordered me replacements parts under warranty.
Regards  SBT
Exactly what model of Tiger do you have?

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 12:54:53 AM »
**** Update****

Well I spoke to the service department at the dealership this morning<tell them my tale of woe.
They said that they would discuss my problem with the technical department and get back to me.
All being well these new parts will be fitted on Friday.

Thanks to Captain Trips and Guiri for taking the time to read my message and for their thoughts on the problem.

I'LL keep you posted

Regards  SBT
Sounds like a good outcome. Hope that solves your problem.  :001:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Pailton

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: Leicester
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 03:40:59 AM »
I've still not taken mine in yet, I've been trying to get to happen consistently so when the mechanics at the dealer road test it they don't try and fob me off with "no fault found" when they test it.  :138:

On top of that I've done my arm in so can't ride my bike for a couple of weeks anyway.  :013:

Offline stealingbacktime

• Explorer Member
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 09:33:47 AM »
@Pailito
 Hope your arm gets better soon....must admit I was expecting to have to take my tiger in for them to have a look at it before making any decisions …..

@kenw
I have XRx in colbolt blue (as if the colour makes a differance  :001: ) she's done 4095 miles....

Offline kenw

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Red Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 09:55:16 AM »
@kenw
I have XRx in colbolt blue (as if the colour makes a differance  :001: ) she's done 4095 miles....
gen1, gen2 or gen3 ???

Offline stealingbacktime

• Explorer Member
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 09:56:50 AM »
gen 3

Recent Topics