Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Kit on the back for camping  (Read 3945 times)

Offline Traxx

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2017 XRX 1200
  • City / Town: Fort Worth
Re: Kit on the back for camping
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 07:32:42 PM »
How do you like rocken the hammock? I have been thinking about one, but some of the places out here there are no trees.
That is a sweet set up.
Tread lightly my friends.

Offline Traxx

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2017 XRX 1200
  • City / Town: Fort Worth
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 08:00:32 PM »
The tent was the hardest part for me to find that would fit inside the panniers. I am using the Kelty Gunnison 2
https://www.kelty.com/gunnison-2-tent-with-footprint/
It easily fits, however after the last trip with my oldest baby girl I want something a bit larger. Maybe the Gunnison 4 or a Redverz. With the redverz I will have to pack it on top of the pannier and free up space inside. Hmmmmmm. The Gunnison 4 will fit inside but take up precious space and I may still have to strap something outside. Granted this is only for 2 up camping.
Tread lightly my friends.

Offline Big_Mac

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Graphite TEX
  • City / Town: Brockton
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 04:28:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Traxx [+]
How do you like rocken the hammock? I have been thinking about one, but some of the places out here there are no trees.
That is a sweet set up.

I liked it a lot.  You can use Hiking poles to setup on the ground, where I was traveling it was not an issue.  Setup in about 2 minutes and no crawling off the ground in the middle of the night when nature calls. I will admit I do not have the comfort part 100% mastered.  It got cold that night when that Picture was taken down to 40F.  I should have put my sleeping mat in it but was lazy.  Took a bit to warm up when I got up in the morning.

Here is the setup from the 2 other nights I camped.

Oops only 1 that other is too big.
Big Mac

2013 Graphite Explorer

Offline Stuartb

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2019, 03:26:22 PM »
I manage to get 3 man tent and everything else in without anything strapped on the seat.  I did a video a while back of my gear.  I’m a novice and there’s plenty you can do better, but might be of use to some. 

Ask me if you have questions about any of:- Carbon fender extender, Pyramid shockshield, Triumph radiator guard, Givi SRA 6403 and 52L Trekker top box, 38L Trekker Outback cases, SW Motech crash bars and Storm handguards, GPS mount for car-based Garmin satnav, Batzen bracket, Skidmarx screen, SW Motech light mounts and LED lights with Skene Designs controller, Fuzeblock, Sena SMH10, Remus Ti Hexacone exhaust. Admore light bar. Camping gear video

Offline Jake_Hag

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 17 XCA
  • City / Town: South Dakota
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2019, 12:52:00 AM »

In Hill City, SD.  I use the Wolfman Expedition duffle on the back seat for my camp stuff.  I went big because I like my Nemo Symphony bag and Alps Mountaineering cot.  Nothing like a good nights sleep, even if the stuff is a little bulky.  I do have more packable gear if I'm only on an overnighter or something. 

Offline triumphpip

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: explorer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2019, 07:40:21 PM »
Two up camping is easy , 1 pannier each for clothes , waterproofs and wash gear . Cooking stuff in the bigger pannier . Ditch the top box for a large stuff sack containing containing 3 man tent , double sleeping bag and double air bed. Doddle
[]D[][]D

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2019, 10:34:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by triumphpip [+]
a large stuff sack containing containing 3 man tent , double sleeping bag and double air bed. Doddle

I only know 2 things about camping:

1) Never pack anything that might get wet like a tent in with something you want to keep dry like a sleeping bag

2) I know nothing about camping

Offline triumphpip

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: explorer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2019, 05:32:22 AM »
Each item is in its own smaller kayak bag .
[]D[][]D

Recent Topics

nonskid