Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CHECK YOUR EXHAUSTS  (Read 3891 times)

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: CHECK YOUR EXHAUSTS
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2018, 08:04:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stotty [+]
They clearly have had an issue in assembly and possible a design issue with the hanger not actually clamping the exhaust as per previous generations.
AFAIK Arrow exhaust hangers are exactly the same on all generations of TEX exhausts. It is the OEM can that had a welded hanger tab.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2018, 08:50:46 AM »
FWIW I checked yesterday and my exhaust tube is out the collector of 2 or 3 cm. As I don't have time (and don't want to solve a situation caused by the dealer), I will wait until the next service to complain to the dealer. Maybe if there are enough complaints, Triumph will do something instead of waiting for disasters to happen...

I'm with XCaTel on this one: we customers shouldn't have to worry about such a design flaw on a €20k bike.

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Thousand Oaks, Ca
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2018, 03:01:13 PM »
i personally told a rep in great detail about it. he didn't seem so concerned. :151:

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2018, 10:33:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by nuttySweeet [+]
Mine looks out of whack but I think it's been like this since I got the bike, the Arrow can hasn't moved and the rubber bungs look like they're in the right place.

I've re-torqued the screw though just in case.

What do you think?

nuttysweet - Originally I said this looks fine and this is how mine looked after pushing the whole exhaust back in a cm. Now Triumph have replaced my arrow can there is no shoulder showing whatsoever so you might loosen the silencer clamp and front clamp and see if you can slide the Arrow end in right up to the hilt (As per other pics in this thread). I reckon that has been like that from new and hasn't moved though as there is no sign of movement score marks on the silencer.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:37:36 PM by XCaTel »

Offline nuttySweeet

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT 2018
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2018, 09:24:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
nuttysweet - Originally I said this looks fine and this is how mine looked after pushing the whole exhaust back in a cm. Now Triumph have replaced my arrow can there is no shoulder showing whatsoever so you might loosen the silencer clamp and front clamp and see if you can slide the Arrow end in right up to the hilt (As per other pics in this thread). I reckon that has been like that from new and hasn't moved though as there is no sign of movement score marks on the silencer.

Thanks XCaTel. I did try and move it but it was stuck fast, I reckon that's why they left it the way they did. I'll pop it in to my dealer on the weekend.

Online Simmo

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2017 1200 XRT White
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2018, 07:47:10 AM »
Glad I read this thread.

I had recently changed my OEM exhaust for the Arrow, hadn't done too many miles and all looked OK. Last week took the bike down to the French Alps (1000 miles) and re-checked and it was instantly clear that the Arrow had shifted. Fortunately I had packed the right tools to slacked everything off and correct the situation. Thanks guys.

Simmo
2017 Explorer XRT in White fitted with Triumph Sat Nav mount and Arrow exhaust. Also fitted - Puig Touring Screen, Rox Anti-vibration Pivoting Risers, Skidmarx Rear Hugger, Evotech Headlight Protector, Palmer Bar End Weights, Grip Puppies, SW Motech Upper Engine Bars, Panniers and Tool Tube, Skene P3 rear LEDs, Givi Trekker Outback 58L Box and Corben Heated Seat.

Recent Topics

nonskid