Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cairnryan out NE way to Yarrow - Scotland  (Read 258 times)

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Cairnryan out NE way to Yarrow - Scotland
« on: August 07, 2018, 05:41:49 PM »
The A77 going North out of Cairnryan in Scotland is nothing to write home about so this weekend I struck out NE towards Yarrow and was suitably wowed by the scenery and the roads. I drove up from Dublin to Belfast and caught the ferry across. I did eventually make my way up and west to Applecross but running directly up the west coast would of had me missing these beautiful and uncluttered "non tourist" roads. I highly recommend this route and the small hotel in the middle of nowhere, superb value and they had a local real ale on tap!

Here is a little video of day 1 - I'm no vlogger and just make these for a little bit of fun, I still work five days a week.

Offline moggi1964

• Explorer Master
  • Oldish Git
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Sale Cheshire
Re: Cairnryan out NE way to Yarrow - Scotland
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 08:30:14 PM »
Love that road sign.  :028:

Great route and enjoyed the pictures.

Keep riding and posting.
Moggi

"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
Bruce McLaren

Recent Topics