Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tourance Next....Gen 3  (Read 1438 times)

Offline belpas

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2013 explorer 1200
  • City / Town: Up North Mate !!!
Re: Tourance Next....Gen 3
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 06:53:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by TRITIGEX [+]
:460:
After only 1250km on my new XRX that is what I will do next week. Remove the noisy "wahwahwahwah" Tourance Next and replace those with T31's . I had T31's  on my Tiger Sport during my trip in the Alpes in June. They were top in all kinds of weather.
I have put 800 miles on my T31,s now and they put a smile on my face every time i ride..riding them right to the top of the sidewall not a problem as they give so much confidence..I cant see them being a long lasting tire to be honest but that's not on my agenda,keeping upright is top of my list.
I work, i ride bikes, i work, i ride bikes, i work, i ride bikes....

Offline vsteel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Boise
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 07:35:31 PM »
I have 7K miles on mine so far, while they do make noise they seem to be a good tire to me.  I can see that if you don't have the right pressure the front will start cupping and I am not 100% sure that my front might need replaced before the rear.   When I hit the wear bars I will let everyone know the mileage.   I am pretty soft on tires so I tend to get the upper range of mileage out of them before I need to switch so keep that in mind with my reports.

I have changed the tire pressure a little to 34/39psi  from the 32/39psi the manual recommends.  32psi started to scallop on me a bit.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 07:37:19 PM by vsteel »

Offline nuttySweeet

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT 2018
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 11:26:04 AM »
8500 miles on mine now and I still have 1-2mm left before the limit on both the front and rear. This is the first set of tyres I've ever seen wearing at exactly the same rate, ever. I keep them at the recommended tyre pressure and mainly commute. The rear is pretty squared off but the bike doesn't feel unstable when cornering and doesn't drop in faster than I can handle. My only issue is the rear slips a bit now in the wet.

As impressive as they've been, I really don't like Metzelers business practises and quality control so will be changing them for a more reputable brand.

Offline flyingz06

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2017 Exployer 1200
  • City / Town: Indiana
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 02:14:47 AM »
3100 on mine and just swapped to dunlop trailsmarts   front cupping.  rear squaring off.   noise!!   Idd see how the dunlop's do.

Recent Topics

nonskid