Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2016 XRT TSAS Error linked to weight?  (Read 1780 times)

Offline anthonyp0808

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Gen 2 Explorer XCa
  • City / Town: Perth
Re: 2016 XRT TSAS Error linked to weight?
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 02:49:39 AM »
My 2016 XCa gave a TSAS fault and re calibrated.  I spoke to the dealer who said if the bike is not shut down properly this can occur - and not to worry about it.

In my case, I had used the kill switch a few times and was using loaded panniers for the first time - not something I usually do, so I think kill switch could be a contributing factor.
Anthony

Offline anthonyp0808

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Gen 2 Explorer XCa
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 07:21:56 AM »
Is somebody wants to experiment - hit kill switch, add load whilst bike is off (eg refuel), kill on, start - I bet TSAS fault and re-calibration would result!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 08:16:49 AM by anthonyp0808 »
Anthony

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 09:50:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by anthonyp0808 [+]
dealer who said if the bike is not shut down properly this can occur
Unbelievable!
"if"..."can"...
So confidence inspiring!
They don't understand a fecking thing to their own product!
Any system designed without taking abrupt shutdown into account is crap.
Any people accepting to sell and maintain such a system is irresponsible.
This is NOT normal (let alone acceptable).

Yesterday, I had a ride with my daughter (45 kg) as pillion and this morning, the TSAS couldn't achieve recalibration. This blatant lack of electronic skills from Triumph is really making me sick now!

Would I mount an X-ray wavelength laser raster illuminator on the front of my bike to enhance its cornering lights tracking capabilites? Hell, no! Because I don't understand a thing of it all!
Triumph gives me the horrendous feeling they're acting like that...

Disclaimer: I always ride the bike according to the manual (which I read carefully). System failures are not my fault, but Triumph's. (maybe should I go nuts and kill switch everytime?)

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 01:33:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by NiK [+]

Yesterday, I had a ride with my daughter (45 kg) as pillion and this morning, the TSAS couldn't achieve recalibration.

Just to be clear everybody and my apologies here Nik if you understand this, I'm sure you do -  "recalibration" and  "TSAS adjusting the preload setting for the new load" are two different things. Just because you change the load, e.g. with a pillion, it doesn't mean to say the TSAS does a recalibration, it just makes the required preload adjustment when you start and when at rest during that journey, there is no message to tell you this is happening. In normal usage the TSAS will not recalibrate from ride to ride, week to week regardless of differing loads. If you want to see a recalibrate disconnected the battery and reconnect, on power up the TSAS will recalibrate and tell you so on the dash.

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 02:00:35 PM »
I knew that already.
Hence my surprise to see the error this morning!

Recent Topics