Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Firstgear Torrent Waterproof Duffel Bag?  (Read 520 times)

Offline lookn4birdies

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: XC ABS
  • City / Town: Ashburn, VA
Firstgear Torrent Waterproof Duffel Bag?
« on: August 23, 2018, 07:59:04 PM »
Has anyone used a Firstgear Torrent Waterproof Duffel Bag 40L as a side bag?  I have Givi side racks and was thinking about strapping the duffel bag to it. Thx

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Firstgear Torrent Waterproof Duffel Bag?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 08:40:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by lookn4birdies [+]
Has anyone used a Firstgear Torrent Waterproof Duffel Bag 40L as a side bag?  I have Givi side racks and was thinking about strapping the duffel bag to it. Thx
I have used a similar bag as a top bag, but not on the side. I have Givi side racks. But I would think that it might be fairly challenging to strap it securely. Also, they are about 3 or 4 inches longer than the Givi side bags are wide.

I put a pair of SW Motech Drybag 180 bags on top of my Givi side cases when I need the extra space two-up.

"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Rockhopp3r

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Los Angeles
Re: Firstgear Torrent Waterproof Duffel Bag?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »
Haven't used it on the side, but I will say this.

I bought the bag (70L) and took it to a trip to Death Valley. Long story short, the anchor points tore off the bag, likely because of the cinch pressure. Fortunately, I was able to return it and got my money back.

It is otherwise a phenomenal product and I would use it frequently if it weren't for this anchor point issue.

Recent Topics