Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: touring france  (Read 695 times)

Offline ga.chuck

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: tiger explorer
  • City / Town: gloucester
touring france
« on: September 08, 2018, 12:22:55 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had experience, good or bad, of the new speed limit regime in france

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
Re: touring france
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 06:35:01 PM »
Not been yet but its probably the same as the rest of the world. If you want to go faster dont get caught  :084: :084: :007: :007: :028: :028:
4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 10:26:50 PM »
Nope, I went through France just before the new speed limits came in, advice always the same, watch out for and stick to the speed limits whatever they may be. New ones just mean you go a tad slower that's all, so you enjoy the scenery a bit more LOL. Watch out for changes in speed limit as you go along - even on motorways - as even with the old signs they were not always that obvious and sometimes easy to miss.

Just make sure your Sat Nav is updated before you go, as the latest maps (I would hope) would have the updated (latest) limits on them by now. I just kept an eye on mine so I was aware of what the limit was, 99% of the time my TomTom and the signs agreed as well!

Offline russ999rocket

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: Swindon
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 05:25:06 PM »
Make sure you and your pillion wear gloves all of the time, we got stopped 60 seconds after returning to the road after a fuel stop, the wife had not put her gloves back on.
If it ain't broke don't fix it

Offline ga.chuck

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: tiger explorer
  • City / Town: gloucester
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 06:16:57 PM »
Mark, were the gloves checked for CE marks?

Offline tommy tiger

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2017 1200 tiger
  • City / Town: Halstead
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 06:43:23 PM »
we did a couple of thousand miles in france last week on all types of roads no signs on peage, motorcycle cops sometimes hide in little gated access roads. they seem to be content  with setting up on d and n routes often near an a.t.m as i have found out a few years ago. if your flashed by bikes or cars coming the other way be careful . read about the glove thing would be annoyed if pulled for that as all my riding gear is french!!   

Offline russ999rocket

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: Swindon
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 09:26:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by ga.chuck [+]
Mark, were the gloves checked for CE marks?

:008: :008: :008: No!, they just need to be gloves!
If it ain't broke don't fix it

Offline onthemayside

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Honda Varadero
  • City / Town: Craigavon
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 07:51:07 PM »
I'm just back from my annual pilgrimage to France and just as we've done for the last 11 years we've rode hard when the oppotunity offers itself and we adhere to limits when we should . Not a problem, like someone said beware of other vehicles flashing and slow it down, they don't flash for cameras as they're clearly signposted, they flash for cops and unlike home here France is a very biker friendly country.

Recent Topics

nonskid