Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: shift assist  (Read 1489 times)

Offline pcarnut

• Explorer Pro
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
Re: shift assist
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 02:13:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by wrinkley [+]
Can get the odd jerky upshift, but downshift is absolutely seamless on my Gen3. Love it, for me it's the best upgrade on the bike, although I do rather like the TFT screen now I'm used to it.
  Interesting.  My upshift from 1-2 has been fairly jerky lately, and sometime 2-3, but after that very smooth. Thanks.
2018 T12, 2014 TEx, 2011 1050

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 08:42:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by pcarnut [+]
When I bought the bike it was the first one they'd had with this feature and none of us quite knew how it would work.
Same here.
I'm shocked to see that dealers do not know a thing about new models. How can they be of any help in case of problem?

(of course, the answer is "they can't"; my XRT has been at the dealer for 6 full weeks now and they still don't have any clue as to why it doesn't switch on)

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 10:14:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by NiK [+]
I'm shocked to see that dealers do not know a thing about new models. How can they be of any help in case of problem?

At launch time dealers are taught how to sell new features but not how they work. Only when the bikes are in the showrooms & being sold are the technicians then trained how to diagnose & fix them. The time lag between these two is a perilous learning curve for everyone - sadly too often including customers!

I think in UK the dealerships get trained direct at the factory but for overseas markets its by diluted word of mouth from importers (if at all?). I guess it's a side effect of globalization that bikes are launched everywhere pretty much at once - in days gone by they would be launched on the home market a few months earlier so gremlins could be found & eradicated at first hand by the factory

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Will Morgan [+]
Only when the bikes are in the showrooms & being sold are the technicians then trained how to diagnose & fix them.
Well, when my XRT was delivered, the first models were in the showrooms for more than 4 months!
Still, the head mech told me "not to use the shift assist too often"!

And now, they are unable to find why the bike doesn't switch on (for six weeks!).

Clearly, they're not properly trained AND the technical support from Triumph doesn't master their bikes either.

Everything will be fine as long as... well... everything is fine!

Recent Topics

nonskid