Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: engine heat  (Read 1105 times)

Offline travlr_45

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer xcx
  • City / Town: Savannah
Re: engine heat
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 11:27:28 PM »
I called a local triumph dealer today just to see what they would offer me on trade. 8k for a 2017 XCX with luggage and auxiliary lights. I hung up.  I’m going to just sell it for what I owe on it. Love the ride,  but the heat this thing puts out just sucks.

Offline kenw

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Red Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 12:49:17 AM »
From all that I've read on this, you have a faulty bike.  Yes, some have unbearable heat.  Most don't.

My last long ride before my bike got shipped home (due to forecast temperatures of 43C+) it got to 38C.
Engine heat was not a problem.  I was wearing kevlar-lined jeans and an unlined winter-weight jacket

Sadly for those who suffer it, excessive heat seems to be a problem that is too hard to fix.
Could be worse.  Just ask NiK.

Offline Tiger T.O.

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 16 Cranberry Red XRt
  • City / Town: Loosdrecht
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 06:02:24 PM »
Or invest 40 dollars in heat insulating foil and fix it under the tank (or have it done by your dealer).
Solved the problem for me :028: Happy bunny now  :305:
There are two kinds of people, those saying the glass is half full and those saying the glass is half empty. But the world really belongs to the ones that say “That’s not my glass! My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!”             Terry Pratchett  R.I.P.

Offline Crosshairs

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: OCEANPORT
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 08:59:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by travlr_45 [+]
I called a local triumph dealer today just to see what they would offer me on trade. 8k for a 2017 XCX with luggage and auxiliary lights. I hung up.  I’m going to just sell it for what I owe on it. Love the ride,  but the heat this thing puts out just sucks.

Unfortunately, you may find you cannot sell it for what you owe..... The resale on these bikes is horrendous.

Offline travlr_45

• Explorer Member
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 10:55:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
Unfortunately, you may find you cannot sell it for what you owe..... The resale on these bikes is horrendous.

That may well turn out to be the case.  If that be the case it will be the last triumph I ever own.  To bad triumph isn’t interested enough in their product or customer base to make some effort to remedy this issue.  I’m open to offers.  I owe 11k. Bike has 4,600 miles on it with bags and aux. lights.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:50:38 AM by travlr_45 »

Offline anaheimtex

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2014 Explorer xc
  • City / Town: anaheim
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 12:37:48 PM »
Try a bicycle. No heat and great fuel mileage. There is a 140hp engine between your legs. I’m guessing no matter what you ride there will be some deal breaker. Just finished 1100 miles from freezing to 90f coming through Vegas. The only time bike got hot was the gridlock in the middle of the desert. Mileage for me 35-40mpg. Highway speeds were between 85~95mph.  I have never understood the whining about engine heat. It’s on every bike forum from bmw to Yamaha. Good lord!  Enough with the boiling gas BS. If your gas is boiling you are about the become a fireball. It’s the fuel system equalizing pressure. 

“I was riding in 100 degree heat and can’t understand why my bike is so hot.  What a horrible design.”
don't come to a cat forum saying you should have bought a dog.

Offline Crosshairs

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: OCEANPORT
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 03:02:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by travlr_45 [+]
That may well turn out to be the case.  If that be the case it will be the last triumph I ever own.  To bad triumph isn’t interested enough in their product or customer base to make some effort to remedy this issue.  I’m open to offers.  I owe 11k. Bike has 4,600 miles on it with bags and aux. lights.

I dont know why but I assumed the payoff would be more..at 11K you should be fine...you may even get more...
I hope you get out of this bike without too much loss and find something that suits you.....its a shame your having these issues as it really is a decent bike.

Offline travlr_45

• Explorer Member
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 10:15:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by anaheimtex [+]
Try a bicycle. No heat and great fuel mileage. There is a 140hp engine between your legs. I’m guessing no matter what you ride there will be some deal breaker. Just finished 1100 miles from freezing to 90f coming through Vegas. The only time bike got hot was the gridlock in the middle of the desert. Mileage for me 35-40mpg. Highway speeds were between 85~95mph.  I have never understood the whining about engine heat. It’s on every bike forum from bmw to Yamaha. Good lord!  Enough with the boiling gas BS. If your gas is boiling you are about the become a fireball. It’s the fuel system equalizing pressure. 

“I was riding in 100 degree heat and can’t understand why my bike is so hot.  What a horrible design.”

Well, I know where you can get a good deal on a good bike!

Offline anaheimtex

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2014 Explorer xc
  • City / Town: anaheim
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 02:59:36 PM »
Yup.  We had a group of 8 riders.  4 harleys, one fjr, one victory, and my TEX.  everyone was cooking on their bikes.  I have never, ever, ever ridden any bike on a summer day where I could not feel the engine heat.   
don't come to a cat forum saying you should have bought a dog.

Offline ssundet

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 14 TIGER 1200
  • City / Town: Texas
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2018, 03:49:53 AM »
More suitable pants is what you need if the heat bothers you that much.  It's really not that bad riding where I live in southeast Texas, where it frequently gets over 100F at 100% humidity.   You literally have the engine between your legs and this happens on every bike.  It's part of the deal.   I just ignore it, if you can't, buy more suitable pants or get creative.

Recent Topics

nonskid