Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mk3 stranded!  (Read 10778 times)

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Re: Mk3 stranded!
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2018, 11:05:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
Sidebar question: are there any French motorcycle manufacturers?  :187:

Historically there were loads of French bikes but the industry collapsed just like the British one did (1930s economic depression, WW2, lack of investment, new cheap small cars & competition from Japan etc). Now it's probably just Peugeot mass producing scooters & lightweights and a few small companies like Voxan hand-making limited numbers of bespoke bikes.

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2018, 08:55:43 AM »
Yes, the last real bike manufacturer here WAS Voxan.
Unfortunately, they ceased business years ago, despite their beautiful v-twin powered liter bikes.

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2018, 09:45:21 AM »
I didn't know Voxan had finally gone under. Last I heard they'd been "rescued" by some "entrepreneur" who was going to build the ultimate electric bike. I guess that's sunk without a trace!

What about Midual with their weird inline boxer engines?   http://www.midual.com/midual-type-1/?lang=en

Or Avinton with S&S motors?   http://avinton.fr/en

Considerably more mainstream & successful is Mash with their retro bikes powered by Chinese clones of Honda engines:  http://www.mash-motors.fr/en/

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2018, 10:02:12 AM »
Yeah the Voxan electric bike project was dropped in June 2015.
Actually, only the name was bought by Venturi, not the people. And the know-how and ideas are in people not in badges.

Avinton and Midual make not only boutique bikes, but haute couture.

Mash designs in France and builds in China. They're the closest thing that you could call a French bike 'manufacturer'. But their line of products is rather short (and the engine is not their design).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:06:46 AM by NiK »

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2018, 02:31:22 PM »
Latest news: based on Triumph France's Senior Tech, the dealer will order a new set of keys/receiver.

I really don't see how a failed authentication key would explain that the indicators wouldn't light up when pressing the alarm fob.
He couldn't explain it either.

I place my bet on yet another hit'n miss pathetic attempt from a so called expert.

This is their last chance. If they fail again, I'll go the legal route.

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2018, 04:14:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by NiK [+]
I place my bet on yet another hit'n miss pathetic attempt from a so called expert.
Well, he obviously does not know the answer and apparently, neither does head office. With no diagnosis and few clues what else is he supposed to do?  Short of handing you a new bike, their options are limited to swapping out modules.

In the 80's, a friend of mine bought a new Montecarlo SS. Just out of warranty, it died on a trip between Edmonton and Vancouver in the middle of nowhere, with no dealership anywhere near. The local garage guy told him that it could be any one of three modules in the ignition system. He didn't want to order all three because he would be stuck with the other two -- unlikely to ever need them -- and they were not returnable. So they ordered one and waited overnight for it to arrive on the bus. It did not solve the problem. They got lucky on the second try (50/50 chance). He spent three day in a small town in the middle of nowhere and missed a couple days of work.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2018, 10:56:46 PM »
Think I'd start preparing the legal case. Whilst I can understand the reasoning, it seems a last gasp clutching at straws IMO

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2018, 09:21:37 AM »
My thoughts exactly.

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2018, 11:09:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by Hawkeye [+]
Think I'd start preparing the legal case. Whilst I can understand the reasoning, it seems a last gasp clutching at straws IMO
The wonderful "Sale of Goods and Associated Guarantees Directive 99/44/EC " applies in your case.

the good bit "Apply a reduction in the price or rescind the contract (refund), if repairs or replacement are impossible or disproportionate, or cannot be completed within a reasonable time or without significant inconvenience to the consumer.. To me Triumph fail on both counts here.....but they might get you on "However, if the problem results from damage and/or misuse by the consumer, the seller may refuse to offer any of the above mentioned remedies". by virtue of your own wiring and non approved alarm.

I think in these cases it is always better to try and work with Triumph and the dealer in a positive fashion if you can and avoid all the grief of legal fees and your own time and effort. Easier said than done I know when missing riding time!

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Topic Author
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2018, 12:15:52 PM »
Good advice.
Friendly first, beasty next.

Recent Topics

nonskid