Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Headset help, I've no idea  (Read 908 times)

Offline bikesntrucks

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer XC 1200
  • City / Town: Irchester
Headset help, I've no idea
« on: September 21, 2018, 10:16:18 AM »
Can anyone recommend a shop near Northampton or wellingborough ish. I am needing to get a set of bluetooth headsets but not sure which one to buy and would like some advice. Would like to connect to sat nav but pillion as well. Cheers
All the gear and no idea!

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Headset help, I've no idea
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 04:10:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by bikesntrucks [+]
Can anyone recommend a shop near Northampton or wellingborough ish. I am needing to get a set of bluetooth headsets but not sure which one to buy and would like some advice. Would like to connect to sat nav but pillion as well. Cheers
Maybe consider posting this question here:

https://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/board,21.0.html
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline CanadianTEX416

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2018 T12 XCA
  • City / Town: Cold Lake
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 09:25:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by bikesntrucks [+]

i have a Scala Pack talk and its awesome, can connect to GPS and have intercom with your passenger, and your phone, has radio and all that they even sell them in kits of 2
2018 Tiger 12, XCA

Offline Griff

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Explorer and others
  • City / Town: Wicklow
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 04:18:44 PM »
I recently purchased a Sena SC10U set and immediately had trouble with the intercom function.  I eventually replaced it with a Cardo(Scala) Packtalk bold. By comparison the Packtalk worked very well from the getgo and all is well again. Excellent kit.

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 06:06:25 PM »
 :0461: Cardo Packtalk gets my vote too. I run one and have no problem connecting to my mates old Cardo G3 as it retains the older Bluetooth comms and the newer mesh comms.

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 08:04:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
Cardo Packtalk gets my vote too. I run one and have no problem connecting to my mates old Cardo G3 as it retains the older Bluetooth comms and the newer mesh comms.
Just watch out for the little antenna that rotates up on those units. My riding buddy has already snapped his off and has had to glue it (twice) permanently in the open position.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Cragman7

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer XC 2014
  • City / Town: Wellingborough
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 06:24:48 AM »
Sena S10 for me and at least 6 mates. Tour of Europe and Ireland last year no issues at all. Range is only about 1k but I'm not sure why other would want more. Links to others, to phone, to sat nav, no dramas. Total monsoon rain on a mini tour around Somerset this weekend, no rain got in, they worked perfectly.
The S30 is the new and brilliant one, allows loads of others to use it as a hub, I think we had 10 connected perfectly in June.

Pete

Offline mrgrumpy2

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2012 Explorer
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 08:53:05 AM »
Take your pick and they will deliver quickly.

SportsBike Shop Intercoms

We are using the Sena SMH5 as I did't want to spend a fortune. Previously using a Cardo Scala for many years but the 10m range was too limiting on these older models. 

You can always watch this to see some of the differences.
I've got my first Triumph

Offline pcarnut

• Explorer Pro
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 03:40:54 AM »
Have had excellent luck with several Sena units.  Have ridden covered many miles in the US and Europe with no issues and excellent battery life, pretty much all day talking.  Have had the SMH10,  and currently have a 10S here in the US and a 20S for European trips.  For the money I think the 10S is the best value.
2018 T12, 2014 TEx, 2011 1050

Offline Rockhopp3r

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Los Angeles
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 08:15:58 AM »
I'm under the impression that Sena has taken the market by storm, with excellent products at adequate prices. It is not hard to find riders using some sort of Sena unit and makes it very easy to connect to them when needed.

I've had the SMH10 and now have the 10C (which has aged well for the past 3 years, but could use a new battery) and both have been outstanding products. The 10C does so many things and works with so many devices, it is very impressive. I've typically connected the Sena to the GPS and the Sena to the phone, at the same time, which allows for talk, navigation, music, radio, and video recording.

But there are cracks with Sena...

The 10C Evo has been announced for close to two years and the product has yet to hit the market. I don't know what's going on there and I get that you tease with an announcement and then you launch the product a few weeks or months later, but 2 years means something is not working with the hardware/software. I've started to wonder if it will ever hit the market, which is a big blow to Sena. On one side I appreciate that they're not launching a product that won't work, but on the other I think that announcing something and not launching it is an embarrassment and raises questions as to what is going on there.

I would highly recommend the tried and true Sena products, but would advise caution on their newer stuff given the above.

Recent Topics

nonskid