Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 10k Service  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Fazer

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Tyneside
Re: 10k Service
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2018, 07:54:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
There is one caveat, however, if your bike is still under warranty. I recall reading here in a previous post somewhere that Triumph have stated that Muddy Sump is not certified to work on triples.

I recall reading that as well. However, before setting up on his own, David Jones worked at the Triumph dealer in Newcastle upon Tyne and is a factory trained technician. If the claim is true that Triumph don’t recognise him as a bona fide operator then it’s just because he’s undercutting their dealer network as a result of his low overheads. As I understand UK/EU law, a manufacturer cannot refuse warranty claims as long as work is carried out by a legitimate business with service documentation/invoices issued and genuine OE parts are used. I may be wrong about that and I wouldn’t want to be the person testing that assertion! Has anyone actually been refused warranty claims after using Muddy Sump for servicing?

Recent Topics