Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Snowdonia Trip  (Read 906 times)

Offline Tigraid

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '16 R1200GSA
  • City / Town: Dursley
Re: Snowdonia Trip
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2018, 02:03:31 PM »
I didn't get the chance to visit the Ponderosa as was laid up with a tummy bug the day my mate went there for a cuppa.  Next time maybe!  I'll be keeping the bike on the road most of the year but it will be liberally coated in ACF50 and regularly cleaned.  I do wonder if the amount of salt dumped on the roads in recent years has increased, as I've really noticed the effects on the undersides of our car which is about 4 years old.  Had to clean it all off and soak the subframe and linkages in a good thick gloopy coat of XCP Professional.  We'll see how that stands up to the coming winter roads.

Online Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2018, 10:49:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigraid [+]
I didn't get the chance to visit the Ponderosa as was laid up with a tummy bug the day my mate went there for a cuppa.  Next time maybe!  I'll be keeping the bike on the road most of the year but it will be liberally coated in ACF50 and regularly cleaned.  I do wonder if the amount of salt dumped on the roads in recent years has increased, as I've really noticed the effects on the undersides of our car which is about 4 years old.  Had to clean it all off and soak the subframe and linkages in a good thick gloopy coat of XCP Professional.  We'll see how that stands up to the coming winter roads.

These days the salt is mixed with molasses to make it stick to the road. Unfortunately it also makes it stick to vehicles!
Another undesirable side effect of this recipe is deer, sheep, wild boar etc. like the taste and stand in the middle of the road having a lick, often after dark.

Online Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 12:34:38 AM »
Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me... :005:
Jon

Recent Topics

nonskid