Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Traitor  (Read 1397 times)

Offline anaheimtex

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2014 Explorer xc
  • City / Town: anaheim
Re: Traitor
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 03:57:14 PM »
I ride both. I just don’t see a big difference in CG.
don't come to a cat forum saying you should have bought a dog.

Offline isb

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2013 Explorer
  • City / Town: Hell
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2018, 06:11:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Icy [+]
hahahah. no we don't have traitors here. we have brothers. no matter what you ride, as long as you ride. heck even if you stop riding, once a brother, always a brother.

be safe, be happy and keep the rubber side down and see you out there

:821:  :028:  :031:

What Icy said!
Cheers, Ian

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who think there are two kinds of people, and those that don't.

Offline Nutter

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2018, 08:51:08 PM »
Thanks for all the kind comments. Almost makes me sad to have said goodbye to the Explorer!  :019: I suppose it's always sad in one way because of all the memories a particular bike holds, but I'm sure there will be many made on the GS.

Offline jaiyenyen

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2017 XCA
  • City / Town: courtenay bc
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 09:56:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by anaheimtex [+]
I ride both. I just don’t see a big difference in CG.
  I feel the same about the cog and the weight, maybe it is because I am over 6 feet tall. Anyway my 2017 XCA feels just right. I rode a new GS1200 just before I bought the Triumph and the Triumph just felt better to me. To each their own. I don't think there is such a thing as a bad motorcycle, as long as you are riding it is all good.

Online Bikerbuk

• Explorer Master
  • Musical Prostitute - You pay, I play!
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Lanarkshire Scotland
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 05:56:09 PM »
Congratulations on your new bike.    I'm on the verge of doing exactly the same.     I have a launch model Explorer with upgraded suspension and I love it......... except for the weight.   I've droped it 3 times due to the high COG, mainly when trying to squeeze into a narrow space.    Other than that, I love the bike.   It is a superb machine and i've had 35000 worry free miles on it.    I've seen 4 people drop their bikes in the past few years.   One was my mate on his GS Adventure, fully loaded and the other 3 were Explorer riders.    My son has a BMW XR1000 and that is a supeb machine but he recently had a loan bike whilst his was in for service.   I sneaked out on it for a shot.    In my honest opinion, the EXplorer is a much more eager bike, to make a GS go, you need to wring its neck a bit more but both are superb machines.     The big difference for me is when you tip the bike off the upright.   You've far more chance of bringing a GS back than the tiger.    A for that reason alone, I'm seriously considering making the switch.    I don't want to leave the triumph, its a superb machine but for me at my stage of life and for what I want out of biking, it's becoming too top heavy.     
There comes a time in everyone's life when it pays to:   Never pass a toilet, never waste a hardon and never trust a fart!

Offline Gareth38

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Grenoble
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 07:41:38 PM »
I've been a serious traitor twice.
1. 1996 Sold my ST1100 pan European and bought an MGF soft top.
Same fun as a bike, wind in the hair - utter bullsh$t 4yrs later sold it and bought another bike.
2. 2011 sold my CBF1000F and bought a Mazda MX5
Same fun as a bike, wind in the hair - utter bullsh$t sold it 4 yrs later and bought another bike. (anyone seeing a pattern here?)
Loved my Bonneville T100,  now loving my Tiger 1200

So for changing from Triumph to BMW, even a Harley or a Ducati it's still us on 2 wheels against the rest on 4 wheels.
Best wishes, hope you enjoy the GS, I for one wave at all bikers coming the other way, I wave at the biker not the bike. But I've never waved at a car.
Gareth38

Offline Nutter

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 07:52:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by jaiyenyen [+]
To each their own. I don't think there is such a thing as a bad motorcycle, as long as you are riding it is all good.

:028:

*Originally Posted by Bikerbuk [+]
In my honest opinion, the EXplorer is a much more eager bike, to make a GS go, you need to wring its neck a bit more but both are superb machines.
I think you're right. The GS in Dynamic mode responds more like my 2015 Explorer did, but I still prefer the delivery from that brilliant triple. I am finding it much easier to handle in terms of the centre of gravity though, so I think I made the right choice for my circumstances.

*Originally Posted by Gareth38 [+]
So for changing from Triumph to BMW, even a Harley or a Ducati it's still us on 2 wheels against the rest on 4 wheels.
Best wishes, hope you enjoy the GS, I for one wave at all bikers coming the other way, I wave at the biker not the bike. But I've never waved at a car.

Completely agree. Tends to be a nod over here, partly because driving on the left means the closest hand to the other rider is your throttle hand, but in any case I nod to all motorbike riders regardless of style, model or anything else and sometimes even scooter riders (but they're normally too surprised to nod back in time).

Online NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2018, 02:35:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Nutter [+]
Tends to be a nod over here, partly because driving on the left means the closest hand to the other rider is your throttle hand
I don't care much about which roadside I'm waving at.
I'm on CC all the time ;-)

Recent Topics

nonskid