Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Thoughts on Klim Badlands Pro or Rev'It Dominator  (Read 318 times)

Offline TTruckie

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • XCa in 'fastest' White
  • Bike: Explorer XCa '16
  • City / Town: Swindon
Thoughts on Klim Badlands Pro or Rev'It Dominator
« on: October 07, 2018, 09:07:01 PM »
As the title says...... I'm looking for new kit as I'm tied of getting wet (and I've been saving my pennies!).  I'd like the adventure style fully waterproof (without silly linings!) and with plenty of ventilation.

I've seen the Klim Badlands and the Revc'It Dominator both look similar in features etc.

Any one got any experience
TTruckie

Offline Hax

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: '19 XRX
Re: Thoughts on Klim Badlands Pro or Rev'It Dominator
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 06:53:22 AM »
The Klim stuff is nice but went for Rukka as I thought it was better put together. Give Jenks a shout (pm) on here for a comparison - top bloke.
https://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/topic,15795.msg192155.html#msg192155

Offline Ozlaw

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer XCA
  • City / Town: Cambridge
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 08:48:15 AM »
I’ve been using the Rev’It Dominator for the past 3.5 years and have to say it’s performed fantastically!
It has been comfy and entirely waterproof the entire time, and shows little signs of wear having been used constantly, year round in all weathers since.

I have washed it and ‘reproofed’ with Nikwax wash in stuff every so often, but only for cleaning rather than the need to waterproof.

It has plenty of ventilation and have worn it through 40 degree heat in the south of France. I had the original model, where the trousers don’t have vents, and when this set go (can’t see it happening any time soon) will replace with the newer revised version.

It doesn’t come with any thermal layers, as it’s deaigned to be used with layering system, but I use base layers for summer and winter, with heated clothing underneath for winter and it makes rides in near freezing temperatures a doddle.

The style is spot on for me. Lots of pockets, full zip between jacket and trousers adjustment straps for great fit, comfy armour and feels well protected with quality material.

I’d definitely recommend it!

Offline johnnybet

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: cb500x
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 12:49:07 PM »
I have had the same issue when i was looking to get a good suit.
Finally i got the Siima Sibirsky suit.
Probably the most versatile suit i ve seen out there.
It has rain layer that's attached on top, and the jacket is transformed into a mesh jacket for the summer.

Pants also have a layer attached on top, thermal linen that's removable and front and back vents.

I believe i did the best choice for the money i paid.

Cheers!

Offline TTruckie

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • XCa in 'fastest' White
  • Bike: Explorer XCa '16
  • City / Town: Swindon
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 08:09:56 PM »
thanks gents, your comments are appreciated. :046:
TTruckie

Offline Slaine

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
  • City / Town: Lippstadt
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 09:17:33 PM »
Been using Dane Goretex Pro Jacket and Trousers for 5 Years, expensive but worth every penny

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 10:13:55 PM »
Both top notch laminate systems no doubt. As with all technologies other manufacturers push into the market and depress the pricing. Oxford now do a full featured laminate textile system for £249 Jacket and £199 pants, a very impressive price and definitely on my shopping list once my RST gear wears out (although that is holding up very nicely). Bennetts Bike did a little YouTube clip featuring the Oxford Laminate gear from the recent German bike fair, Intermot. Forward for 3:50 for the laminate range.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 10:37:51 PM by XCaTel »

Recent Topics