Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Michelin Road 5 Trail's  (Read 11690 times)

Offline Dilbert

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 800 XRx
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
I'll never be old enough to know better !

Online Crosshairs

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: OCEANPORT
Re: Michelin Road 5 Trail's
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM »
Yup....Visorshop is an excellent source and ships to the US quickly....plus my last purchase from them was cheaper than a US based supplier.....figure that one out....

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2019, 05:47:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
Yup....Visorshop is an excellent source and ships to the US quickly....plus my last purchase from them was cheaper than a US based supplier.....figure that one out....
Unfortunately, not for me in Canada. By the time I factor current exchange rates plus import duties and taxes, it would be about $100 more than buying premium tires here.  :003:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Online Crosshairs

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: OCEANPORT
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2019, 08:38:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
Unfortunately, not for me in Canada. By the time I factor current exchange rates plus import duties and taxes, it would be about $100 more than buying premium tires here.  :003:

That's a bummer...it falls below the dollar amount that they care about  so  no local  tax and no import duty to worry about in the USA ...

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2019, 09:47:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
That's a bummer...it falls below the dollar amount that they care about  so  no local  tax and no import duty to worry about in the USA ...
Our limit is $100.  :003:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline vsteel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Boise
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2019, 04:54:55 AM »
Revzilla has them in the USA so they should be showing up north very shortly.

Offline Ray_B

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 18 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: MIDDLETOWN
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2019, 03:45:11 PM »
Re: Road 5 tires.
Like Crosshairs, I mounted a full set of PR5s on my Triumph Trophy SE and they were literally fried after 3k miles. The sides looked like the rubber was scraping off even though the center looked nearly new. Seems like the PR5 is best suited for riding in a straight line!
Ray

Ride it like you stole it.

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2019, 05:54:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ray_B [+]
Re: Road 5 tires.
Like Crosshairs, I mounted a full set of PR5s on my Triumph Trophy SE and they were literally fried after 3k miles. The sides looked like the rubber was scraping off even though the center looked nearly new. Seems like the PR5 is best suited for riding in a straight line!
Michelin have yet to announce the release the GT version of the Road 5, which is meant for heavier sport touring bikes. They were pitching the initial version of the Road 5 for middleweight bikes. That might account for the short lifespan.

Offline Ray_B

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 18 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: MIDDLETOWN
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2019, 06:43:03 PM »
The GT version doesn't change the rubber compound, just stiffer sidewalls I believe.
Crosshairs was on a Versys 1000 which weights 100 lbs less than the Trophy (about the same as the TEX) and he destroyed the PR5s as well. I have run PR3s, PR4s & PR4GTs previously and they wore well. The PR5s are made of pudding! I was a fanboy for Michelin but now I steer clear.
Ray

Ride it like you stole it.

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2019, 07:06:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ray_B [+]
The GT version doesn't change the rubber compound, just stiffer sidewalls I believe.
Crosshairs was on a Versys 1000 which weights 100 lbs less than the Trophy (about the same as the TEX) and he destroyed the PR5s as well. I have run PR3s, PR4s & PR4GTs previously and they wore well. The PR5s are made of pudding! I was a fanboy for Michelin but now I steer clear.
I was keen to replace my PR4s with Road 5s, but not any longer. There is just too much confusion around this product.

Recent Topics

nonskid