Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hard to start. Stalling at lights  (Read 1232 times)

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Hard to start. Stalling at lights
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2018, 04:16:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by anaheimtex [+]
My valves have never needed adjustment. Even the first one.   I had them check them before a long trip when The Whole 20k or 10k service discussion. All fine. Not noisy not tight. Best case I pay nothing for repairs. Worst I do. Test rode a ktm 1290 r. Really nice bikes.
Having done my own 20k service and found that 10 of the 12 valves were out of spec, it makes me wonder if they actually did the valve checks. Something doesn't add up.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline anaheimtex

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2014 Explorer xc
  • City / Town: anaheim
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2018, 02:30:20 PM »
Agreed.
don't come to a cat forum saying you should have bought a dog.

Offline anaheimtex

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2014 Explorer xc
  • City / Town: anaheim
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2018, 07:58:47 PM »
Update. The exhaust valve would not seat on 3/4 of the valve. So the valve was bent and would not seat. No damage or cracks. So claim sent to triumph to see if they good will the parts and labor. Updates to follow.
don't come to a cat forum saying you should have bought a dog.

Offline Griff

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Explorer and others
  • City / Town: Wicklow
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2018, 09:00:28 PM »
Very strange indeed. Did it ever slip out of gear under full power ?

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2018, 11:28:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by anaheimtex [+]
Update. The exhaust valve would not seat on 3/4 of the valve. So the valve was bent and would not seat. No damage or cracks. So claim sent to triumph to see if they good will the parts and labor. Updates to follow.
That's pretty much exactly the scenario that happened to those who had a first generation TEX with soft valve guides. In some cases, the valve head separated causing total engine failure. There was a major head replacement program under a series of service bulletins. Mine was one of them (an early 2013 model).
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Recent Topics