Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Next gen TFT  (Read 2635 times)

Offline nuttySweeet

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT 2018
  • City / Town: London
Re: Next gen TFT
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 01:52:38 PM »
From the Triumph page Onanist linked to;

SPRING 2019
The TFT Connectivity System will be able to be applied to all Triumph motorcycles that feature the Triumph TFT instruments, both new bikes and also current models, such as:

• Street Triple R & RS
  • Speed Triple S & RS
  • Tiger 800 XCX, XCA, XRX, XRX LRH, XRT
  • Tiger 1200 XRX, XRX LRH, XRT, XCX, XCA
  • Scrambler 1200 XC & XE

Looks like we will be able to upgrade, for a price of course. Definitely going to do this!  :046:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 01:54:57 PM by nuttySweeet »

Offline Vin829

• Explorer Member
  • City / Town: San Jose, CA
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2018, 02:39:06 PM »
Sweet Im buying

Online Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2018, 02:48:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vin829 [+]
Sweet Im buying

I'm not buying. I've got everything I need with my existing sat nav & comms systems which work on all my bikes, so won't pay out to duplicate it just for the one with a TFT screen. But by the time I buy another new bike I expect it will be part of the standard spec. I hope it will work as seamlessly as its supposed to!

Offline Vin829

• Explorer Member
  • City / Town: San Jose, CA
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2018, 02:49:40 PM »
Im a sucker for intergrated electronics

Offline Lancstony

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger XCA
  • City / Town: Rossendale
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2018, 03:15:43 PM »
I think I would have to see it operating before i decided, if its just a symbol on the screen and the name of the street you are on I may just stick with my Garmin sat nav as it will have more info with it being a dedicated unit, suppose it all depends how much info you want etc

Time will tell if its a worthwhile investment, my own personal view is they need to do something like the BMW Navigator system but I dont know how realistic that is.

Offline nuttySweeet

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT 2018
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2018, 03:42:47 PM »
My understanding is that you will have to purchase the Bluetooth connectivity module and get it fitted. They will then do a firmware update on the TFT/ECU to support it. You'll be able to connect both your helmet bluetooth and mobile phone via bluetooth to the device. Then you'll be able to control your music, satnav, calls, etc through the switchgear.

It'll basically work exactly like it does in any modern car with built-in Satnav/Bluetooth connectivity. Pretty exciting stuff, this is the first time I've seen this kind of technology properly implemented on a motorbike.

Offline thumper

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: '18 XRt
  • City / Town: California
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2018, 04:24:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by nuttySweeet [+]
My understanding is that you will have to purchase the Bluetooth connectivity module and get it fitted. They will then do a firmware update on the TFT/ECU to support it. You'll be able to connect both your helmet bluetooth and mobile phone via bluetooth to the device. Then you'll be able to control your music, satnav, calls, etc through the switchgear.

It'll basically work exactly like it does in any modern car with built-in Satnav/Bluetooth connectivity. Pretty exciting stuff, this is the first time I've seen this kind of technology properly implemented on a motorbike.

:0461:    I'll be really happy if I can see my iTunes songs on my dash, and scroll through those songs via the bike's joystick.       :062:
ATGATT--Because if you crash, the world is your belt sander.

Offline pcarnut

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2018, 10:00:25 PM »
Love it, but, nav would depend entirely on phone signal, so, lose your phone connection and presto, no nav. 

Still, extremely pleased that they had the foresight on this upgrade that current owners aren't penalized.  Now to see how much that want for this...
2018 T12, 2014 TEx, 2011 1050

Online Zeebad

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 1200 XCx
  • City / Town: Stourbridge
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2018, 10:23:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by pcarnut [+]
Love it, but, nav would depend entirely on phone signal, so, lose your phone connection and presto, no nav. 

Still, extremely pleased that they had the foresight on this upgrade that current owners aren't penalized.  Now to see how much that want for this...

Not so these days, you can download sections of Google maps to your phone. I'm quite attached to my TomTom but I'll still be getting this. GoPro control and being able to drive music from the switchgear rocks.

Offline pcarnut

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 02:58:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by Zeebad [+]
Not so these days, you can download sections of Google maps to your phone. I'm quite attached to my TomTom but I'll still be getting this. GoPro control and being able to drive music from the switchgear rocks.
Well alright then.   :152:
2018 T12, 2014 TEx, 2011 1050

Recent Topics