Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: WW1 Memorial tour Flanders  (Read 510 times)

Online TRITIGEX

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: DH
Re: WW1 Memorial tour Flanders
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 05:54:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Icy [+]
May they all rest in peace...
In the area we visited, the "Westhoek" of Flanders, 600.000 soldiers were killed, injured or went missing in a period of 100+ days. Mostly by artillery fire and poison gas. And all for a gain of 8km/5miles territory against the Germans.
Just a minor detail....the cease fire was agreed by all parties at very early morning on November 11 but the bobo's decided to use the symbolic timing of 11:00 AM on November 11 as the moment for the cease fire to come into effect. This delay caused 2700 unnecessary death alone.
May they  all rest in peace indeed...

Offline belpas

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2013 explorer 1200
  • City / Town: Up North Mate !!!
Re: WW1 Memorial tour Flanders
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 07:02:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by TRITIGEX [+]
In the area we visited, the "Westhoek" of Flanders, 600.000 soldiers were killed, injured or went missing in a period of 100+ days. Mostly by artillery fire and poison gas. And all for a gain of 8km/5miles territory against the Germans.
Just a minor detail....the cease fire was agreed by all parties at very early morning on November 11 but the bobo's decided to use the symbolic timing of 11:00 AM on November 11 as the moment for the cease fire to come into effect. This delay caused 2700 unnecessary death alone.
May they  all rest in peace indeed...

Thats shocking..i did not know that :003:. great thread btw :016:
I work, i ride bikes, i work, i ride bikes, i work, i ride bikes....

Recent Topics