Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Adventure Panniers Key Cylinder Install  (Read 285 times)

Offline 2102 regit

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger Explor
  • City / Town: Lake Havasu City, Az
Adventure Panniers Key Cylinder Install
« on: November 21, 2018, 11:32:56 PM »
I recently ordered the Triumph Adventure Panniers and I'm unable to install the key cylinders that came with my 2018 Tiger 1200. For the panniers I used the part number that is shown on the configurator for the '18 Tiger 1200. I looked up the pdf. instructions for installing the lock cylinders and it looks like a fairly straightforward procedure but it is obvious the cylinders won't fit. Is there a chance that I was sent the wrong panniers for earlier models? According to everything I've been able to find the cylinders should fit but no luck. Unfortunately the dealership is 165 miles away so trying to get the bike and panniers into them for the install is not going to work.
Does anyone have any experience with the key cylinder install?

Offline RaglandT

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tigers 800xc-1200XRT
  • City / Town: San Francisco
Re: Adventure Panniers Key Cylinder Install
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 01:35:05 AM »
They changed the lock barrel diameter in 2018 - it is fatter.  Triumph does sell a latch kit that fits the new locks ...  About $50 per lock if I remember correctly.  Changing them is pretty straight forward - six screws to get at the mechanism and two more to remove the barrel. 

Triumph should make it right since you tried to order the correct part.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 01:38:04 AM by RaglandT »

Offline 2102 regit

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger Explor
  • City / Town: Lake Havasu City, Az
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 03:59:06 PM »
Thank you. I was able to find out that the 2018 Adventure panniers and mounting kit for the keyless Tigers have different part numbers. The dealer sent me the wrong         
 panniers ( shame on them ), the correct panniers and mounting kit are back-ordered. I'm guessing this could take a while.

Online Simmo

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2017 1200 XRT White
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 02:05:28 PM »
A small be nonetheless pleasing result!

I've just changed the lock mechanism and lock barrel on my Givi Outback Trekker 58 topbox to a Triumph part.

Now able to open/close my topbox with the bikes ignition key, WooHoo!

Simmo
2017 Explorer XRT in White fitted with Triumph Sat Nav mount and Arrow exhaust. Also fitted - Puig Touring Screen, Rox Anti-vibration Pivoting Risers, Skidmarx Rear Hugger, Evotech Headlight Protector, Palmer Bar End Weights, Grip Puppies, SW Motech Upper Engine Bars, Panniers and Tool Tube, Skene P3 rear LEDs, Givi Trekker Outback 58L Box and Corben Heated Seat.

Recent Topics