Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Keis Heated Body warmer Battery lead  (Read 142 times)

Offline pug27

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2012 Explorer
  • City / Town: Thirsk
Keis Heated Body warmer Battery lead
« on: November 26, 2018, 11:22:27 AM »
I must be getting old....after years of riding in all weathers I finally bought a Keis heated vest this weekend and what a difference it made on my commute this morning, however, I'm not too keen on being tethered to the bike and I would of bought a battery with it if they wasn't so bloody expensive!

The thing is I have several power banks to charge phones etc when camping all considerably cheaper than the Keis branded ones but they are only USB power out.

Does anybody know of a aftermarket lead that I could buy to utilise my powerbanks?

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: Keis Heated Body warmer Battery lead
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 11:57:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by pug27 [+]
I must be getting old....after years of riding in all weathers I finally bought a Keis heated vest this weekend and what a difference it made on my commute this morning, however, I'm not too keen on being tethered to the bike and I would of bought a battery with it if they wasn't so bloody expensive!

The thing is I have several power banks to charge phones etc when camping all considerably cheaper than the Keis branded ones but they are only USB power out.

Does anybody know of a aftermarket lead that I could buy to utilise my powerbanks?
The trouble is your phone charger power banks are 5v output (USB), the Keis requires 12v to be effective. If you can stick with the bike connection it will save loads of hassle. I have a permanent direct battery connect cable poking out of the front side of the seat. I often get off the bike forgetting the "tether" and it has always just disconnected with ease at the join.

Offline pug27

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2012 Explorer
  • City / Town: Thirsk
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 12:13:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
The trouble is your phone charger power banks are 5v output (USB), the Keis requires 12v to be effective.

Thanks for the reply.....Didn't think of the power, I just presumed that it would be the same with it being a portable battery.
Think it will just be a case of just getting used to connecting and remembering to disconnect.

Online Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 02:34:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
If you can stick with the bike connection it will save loads of hassle. I have a permanent direct battery connect cable poking out of the front side of the seat. I often get off the bike forgetting the "tether" and it has always just disconnected with ease at the join.

:0461:  a LOT cheaper and no need to re-charge after a ride which could be every day if you're commuting. The only benefit of the battery is you can wear the heated vest to keep warm when you're not on the bike.

Recent Topics