Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3 weight  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Coops!!

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Re: Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3 weight
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 07:05:53 PM »
Thanks for all the replies  :028:......although I didn't really get an answer  :008:

It seems the weight savings are the exhaust (xca) lithium battery and small saving in engine internals and engine bars. Fully aware of the weight as I've had a Gen 1 XC for 3 years and, at times, it was a pain but I found the more I rode mine the easier and more confident I got. Parking on (or not if you can) gravel slopes are the biggest problem I found but the upside is a lovely ride and ace engine, hence the new XCX! Plus, the deal was a LOT better than a GS with the Triumph incentives and to be honest I quite like being the only explorer amongst a crowd of GS's you often see on your travels; I did a trip around Scotland in July and every other bike was a BMW!!!  :027:

Interesting though how almost all the reviews and road tests say the new bike 'feels' lighter and easier to manage!?  :084:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 07:08:04 PM by Coops!! »

Offline r2uzenblot

• Explorer Member
  • Triumph Explorer and Ducati Cadet 100
  • Bike: Blue xrx
  • City / Town: Shropshire
Re: Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3 weight
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 03:25:14 PM »
The only wait problem I had with my Gen3 was that it took 5 weeks for it be built........ :008:

Recent Topics