Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Explorer Dash Cam Recommendation  (Read 1043 times)

pcarnut, Vin829, Rockhopp3r, Simmo and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Simmo

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2017 1200 XRT White
  • City / Town: Reading
Re: Explorer Dash Cam Recommendation
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 10:19:41 PM »
Hi All

I've been following this thread with interest.

I would like to fit a front and rear, bike powered, camera set up but I dont want the display screen option. I know that the memory card gets plugged in to the display box but I'wondering if there is a simpler arrangement ie a small black box to go under the seat that will do the trick.

My logic is I like the 'protection' the camera offers but I dont want the distraction or clutter of the display unit. I wouldnt want daily access to the memory card it would just sit there recording on a loop just in case.

I've looked around but cannot find what I'm looking for - has anyone else seen anything that might be suitable? Cheers

Simmo
2017 Explorer XRT in White fitted with Triumph Sat Nav mount and Arrow exhaust. Also fitted - Puig Touring Screen, Rox Anti-vibration Pivoting Risers, Skidmarx Rear Hugger, Evotech Headlight Protector, Palmer Bar End Weights, Grip Puppies, SW Motech Upper Engine Bars, Panniers and Tool Tube, Skene P3 rear LEDs, Givi Trekker Outback 58L Box and Corben Heated Seat.

Online Vin829

• Explorer Member
  • City / Town: San Jose, CA
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2018, 10:29:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Simmo [+]
Hi All

I've been following this thread with interest.

I would like to fit a front and rear, bike powered, camera set up but I dont want the display screen option. I know that the memory card gets plugged in to the display box but I'wondering if there is a simpler arrangement ie a small black box to go under the seat that will do the trick.

My logic is I like the 'protection' the camera offers but I dont want the distraction or clutter of the display unit. I wouldnt want daily access to the memory card it would just sit there recording on a loop just in case.

I've looked around but cannot find what I'm looking for - has anyone else seen anything that might be suitable? Cheers

Simmo

You can just mount the display screen under the seat. The motoprocam is regularly $349. With all the discounts it’s down to $200. Might have to give it a shot

Online Rockhopp3r

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Los Angeles
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2018, 11:11:57 PM »
Simmo, sounds like you're looking for innov cam, but I can't vouch for its quality.

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2018, 09:20:22 PM »
Yes, just stick it under the seat, the display is helpful to sight the cameras but once done...

Offline tiger885

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: TEX 1215 XRT
  • City / Town: St. Albans
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 09:26:54 PM »
I'll update this post when my MotoProCam Dual 1080P WIFI Motorcycle DVR Cam System arrives soon from the States. Just like Simmo I intend to mount the screen under the rear seat as I don't need a screen to tell me what's in front or behind me, I just want the loop and perhaps the opportunity to freeze images or segments when riding somewhere interesting. Shame the Pound £ continues to tank though!
Previous bikes: 1970 Mini Bike, 1971 Suzuki 50cc Trail Hopper, 1972 Yamaha YDS7-250, 1998 Yamaha Diversion 600, 2000 Triumph Tiger 885i, 2017 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT

Offline Dilbert

• Explorer Pro
  • Yes, it's me
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:09:05 PM »
I've got a Nextbase Ride one RAM mounted off the screen top rail (2015 model) next to the Satnav mount, seems to work well, though only tested it so far, I don't use it as a "dashcam" more to share rides with friends on FB.

Just make sure it's double insulated IP67, or IPx waterproof, mine shoots through the screen fine, others have mounted them off the beak rails, upper crash bars, etc, where they're a bit more exposed.

£100 off, of the eBay, or £135 from Halfrauds https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/dash-cams/ride-motorcycle-bikecam/

I'll never be old enough to know better !

Online Simmo

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2017 1200 XRT White
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #26 on: Today at 03:24:33 PM »
Hi Rockhopp3r & Tiger 885

I like the look of both systems and certainly the price of the MotoProCam looks attractive although I'm a bit nervous about the amount of import duty that might be demanded! Plus there is the warranty issue ie returning goods etc but hopefully that wont be an issue.

I missed Innovv at the NEC Bike Show but I've checked the trade stalls list for the London Show in February and they are going to be there. I'll pop along and see what deals they are doing on the K2 package.

Failing that I'm over in Florida for a few days at the Daytona Bike Week in March and I might be able to pick something up there.

Cheers all.

Simmo
2017 Explorer XRT in White fitted with Triumph Sat Nav mount and Arrow exhaust. Also fitted - Puig Touring Screen, Rox Anti-vibration Pivoting Risers, Skidmarx Rear Hugger, Evotech Headlight Protector, Palmer Bar End Weights, Grip Puppies, SW Motech Upper Engine Bars, Panniers and Tool Tube, Skene P3 rear LEDs, Givi Trekker Outback 58L Box and Corben Heated Seat.

Recent Topics