Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tex clutch mod / warranty repair.  (Read 1927 times)

Offline RoadWarrior1978

• Ex Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Exploer XCx
  • City / Town: Magor
Tex clutch mod / warranty repair.
« on: December 14, 2018, 05:05:00 PM »
Long story short,  had my gen 2 in for clutch to be looked at under warranty due to judder, they had it for one day and returned it to me on Wednesday having replaced a washer.

In fairness it felt much better,  however I received a phone call from Fowlers Motorcycles who did the the work in the first place,  the gist is they've spoken to Triumph about the issue as it's the first one with this problem that's come their way.

Triumphs response is to have it back and fit a modified clutch. I'll let you guys know how it turns out after the fact.

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Tex clutch mod / warranty repair.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 05:45:17 PM »
I've been living with clutch judder (when the bike is cold) for years. Is your bike still under factory warranty?
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline RoadWarrior1978

• Ex Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 05:59:57 PM »
Yes it is until March,  I've not had it long myself so I wanted to het it sorted sooner rather than later.

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 06:09:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by RoadWarrior1978 [+]
Yes it is until March,  I've not had it long myself so I wanted to het it sorted sooner rather than later.
I'd be interested to know the part number(s) if the clutch assembly has been revised.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline RoadWarrior1978

• Ex Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 06:21:14 PM »
If I can get hold of them I'll happily post them here.

Offline wrinkley

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Beverley
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 01:11:20 PM »
Long story short,  had my gen 2 in for clutch to be looked at under warranty due to judder, they had it for one day and returned it to me on Wednesday having replaced a washer.

In fairness it felt much better,  however I received a phone call from Fowlers Motorcycles who did the the work in the first place,  the gist is they've spoken to Triumph about the issue as it's the first one with this problem that's come their way.

Triumphs response is to have it back and fit a modified clutch. I'll let you guys know how it turns out after the fact.

I think it's fairy unlikely that there are dealers that have not come across this as Triumph have been fitting a modified clutch to Gen1 and gen2 bikes with this problem  for quite a while.

Interestingly I had never had this problem on my gen1 or gen2 bikes but do have it on my Gen3. In fact the owner of my dealership told me he had taken a gen3 out for delivery and had felt it a couple of times. 

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 05:12:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by wrinkley [+]

I think it's fairy unlikely that there are dealers that have not come across this as Triumph have been fitting a modified clutch to Gen1 and gen2 bikes with this problem  for quite a while.

Interestingly I had never had this problem on my gen1 or gen2 bikes but do have it on my Gen3. In fact the owner of my dealership told me he had taken a gen3 out for delivery and had felt it a couple of times.
If Gen1/2 bikes have been receiving modified clutch parts, then you would not expect Gen3 bikes to have the issue...?

Offline eps

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Preston
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 08:53:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
If Gen1/2 bikes have been receiving modified clutch parts, then you would not expect Gen3 bikes to have the issue...?
yes seems strangle that ! never had an issue witth my Gen1 :001:

Offline RoadWarrior1978

• Ex Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 04:33:43 PM »
Sorry folks, I didn't get the part numbers. However I can report that since having the work done on Friday all judder and snatching has ceased. and feels like a normal clutch should.

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »
Sorry folks, I didn't get the part numbers. However I can report that since having the work done on Friday all judder and snatching has ceased. and feels like a normal clutch should.
No worries. Thanks for reporting back.  :002:

Recent Topics