Author Topic: Last ride of the year?  (Read 10451 times)

Offline mrgrumpy2

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2012 Explorer
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Re: Last ride of the year?
Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 09:17:23 PM
My last ride of 2018 left me with my bike needing a really good wash and no i don't ride off-road, took me an hour to wash off all the mud. Looking forward to Scotland at the end of April.

I've got my first Triumph

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #11 on: December 24, 2019, 05:02:50 PM
Last ride of 2019 for me. The Ms had to go to work today, Christmas Eve, I told her I would hoover up......she fell for it!  :008:

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
Reply #12 on: December 25, 2019, 01:58:24 PM
Great pics & a great way to end the year!  Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas! :821:
Jon

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 900 GT Pro
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
Reply #13 on: December 25, 2019, 02:58:44 PM
Forecast for the weekend in the UK is looking good. I can feel a ride coming on
4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer God
  • Topic Author
Reply #14 on: December 20, 2020, 06:50:01 PM
Possibly my last ride of the year, well, at least of a decent distance. A bunch of us managed to get out after the most recent lockdown relaxation. No doubt we will be back down to harsher restrictions after Christmas. A good 300Km. I will say I was glad of the heated vest and glove liners. Down to New Ross and the Famine Ship for sandwiches in the car park!

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Reply #15 on: December 20, 2020, 10:57:14 PM
You were lucky! I was out and the weather was very wet, roads covered in mud, debris and standing water. Only had to ride thru' one flood. Never the less it was great to be out!

Offline moggi1964

• Explorer Master
  • Oldish Git
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Rossendale. Lancs
Reply #16 on: December 21, 2020, 05:58:47 PM
I would typically be out all winter (another vote for the heated jacket liner and glove liners and heated seat) but this year is such a very different proposition.

I may pop over to Yorkshire to check on my old man (I sit on the low wall and he stands in his doorway ten feet away) but a trip to Renfrew to see mum is not on the cards (she had planned to come to us). She's in sheltered housing so I don't feel so bad that she won't see us for a little while longer.

Otherwise, I'll do my best to only go out if I feel daily life is getting on top of me. It's only been a few times this year but a couple of hours on the bike does help me reset and deal with the pressures of living in a Covid affected time. Luckily these days you can fill up and pay at the pump and then just ride.
Moggi

"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
Bruce McLaren

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer God
  • Topic Author
Reply #17 on: December 21, 2020, 09:39:56 PM
That's it moggi, a spin out is good for the mind & soul if you can get out. Both my parents have passed, a good few years now and I'm glad they are not living through this and mentally struggling through. Have a good one and get out when you can. I left my bike back in pretty dirty, it can stay that way as I know I will be out again although how far is anyone's guess. A few days ago we seemed to be upbeat about vaccines and easing restrictions and now we are talking about fast transmitting strains and complete lockdowns again. :821:

Offline moggi1964

• Explorer Master
  • Oldish Git
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Rossendale. Lancs
Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 08:56:08 AM
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
That's it moggi, a spin out is good for the mind & soul if you can get out. Both my parents have passed, a good few years now and I'm glad they are not living through this and mentally struggling through. Have a good one and get out when you can. I left my bike back in pretty dirty, it can stay that way as I know I will be out again although how far is anyone's guess. A few days ago we seemed to be upbeat about vaccines and easing restrictions and now we are talking about fast transmitting strains and complete lockdowns again. :821:

:821:
Moggi

"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
Bruce McLaren

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 10:45:56 AM
SORN'd mine at end of Nov as tax was due and since I now only ride for fun not commuting thought it was not worth it for the odd couple of days I might have got out. 
Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......