Author Topic: Last ride of the year?  (Read 6329 times)

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: Last ride of the year?
Reply #20 on: December 22, 2020, 11:13:56 AM
*Originally Posted by Chippy4467 [+]
SORN'd mine at end of Nov as tax was due and since I now only ride for fun not commuting thought it was not worth it for the odd couple of days I might have got out.
Do you still insure it over that SORN'd period? Our road tax here is €88 and it really isn't worth it to SORN the bike for little savings. Not enough return to lose the bike for me, I love a good winter's ride. I'll not purposely go out when there is ice of course but there are so many lovely crisp sunny winter's days they are hard to give up.

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
Reply #21 on: December 22, 2020, 02:22:04 PM
Do you still insure it over that SORN'd period? Our road tax here is €88 and it really isn't worth it to SORN the bike for little savings. Not enough return to lose the bike for me, I love a good winter's ride. I'll not purposely go out when there is ice of course but there are so many lovely crisp sunny winter's days they are hard to give up.
Yep still insured - needs to be for the fire & theft / damage element.
Whilst working I kept a commuter bike (DL650) going all year. Used it daily unless there was snow on the ground (and even then used sometimes) but now retired I don't have the need to and the amount of salt on the roads I just thought why bother?
Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Offline Tiger T.O.

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 16 Cranberry Red XRt
  • City / Town: Loosdrecht
Reply #22 on: December 22, 2020, 05:40:03 PM
And to get really in the mood: Nightwish - Last Ride Of The Day

There are two kinds of people, those saying the glass is half full and those saying the glass is half empty. But the world really belongs to the ones that say “That’s not my glass! My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!”             Terry Pratchett  R.I.P.

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #23 on: December 23, 2020, 02:58:13 PM
*Originally Posted by Tiger T.O. [+]
And to get really in the mood: Nightwish - Last Ride Of The Day

:028: nice one!

nonskid