Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Alps crossing France Italy ? Italian Lakes must see ?  (Read 857 times)

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
Re: Alps crossing France Italy ? Italian Lakes must see ?
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 08:52:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by sirsidneyrd [+]
Nik - Col de Larche is fine for two wheelers - my trusty Z650 took me over that one coming back from Rome in the late 70s in the summer tho !
I know it used to be, but I recently heard about specific restrictions on parts of the road (because of rock falls that couldn't be secured properly).

Offline eps

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Preston
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 09:50:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by NiK [+]
I know it used to be, but I recently heard about specific restrictions on parts of the road (because of rock falls that couldn't be secured properly).
Than Nik thats useful to know - heading that way in July - trying to get to the Stella Alpina Rally !!  :002:

Offline R.

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: XRX 1200
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2018, 08:20:50 AM »
The Col de Larche is open again ;

'Depuis ce lundi 5 novembre, à 10 heures, le Département des Alpes-de-Haute-Provence a pris une décision de réouverture.'

Translation : Since this Monday 5 November , from 10 o'clock , the departement of the provence of the high Alps has taken the decision to re-open.

Source :   https://www.ledauphine.com/haute-provence/2018/11/05/le-col-de-larche-est-de-nouveau-accessible

R.

Recent Topics