Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TSAS, ABS & TC Failure Warnings  (Read 1487 times)

Icy and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: TSAS, ABS & TC Failure Warnings
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 05:19:16 PM »
the bike refused to reset. In the end they rang Triumph and with their help and a small hammer 'forced' a reset.
Fixed it for ya.  :038:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Online Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 08:12:31 PM »
Well I've always said, if you can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical fault  :169:

Interestingly my buddy came up to look at a 17 plate XCa this week - which he bought. But when the guy in the sales dept switched it on, the TSAS warning came up. It had been standing for several months. It did a recalibration once I'd got the key off him and let it do its thing, but then on the road outside it came on again. After about a mile of riding it cleared and now all is working perfectly. We put it through all of its modes and it adjusted accordingly.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 08:16:13 PM by Stillwobbling »

Offline IronArse

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Keep on keepin' on!
  • Bike: Tex XRx '17
  • City / Town: Kilkenny
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 04:50:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
You are better off ringing Dublin Triumph if the procedures the guys mention don't work. There has been a few staff member changes there of late and no one may be reading your mails. They should be able to sort you out, you are probably still in warranty no? Same happened to my 2018 Gen 3, I couldn't correct myself and had to get them to reset (at no charge).

Yeah got through to them in the end, and the new lady there was quite helpful.

I was told that the TSAS and TC faults were possibly a battery fault, but that the ABS fault was something else, and they have to investigate. She mentioned something on the phone to me about throttle mapping problem, but I didn't catch it all.
So it's up there with them now a couple of days, and hopefully will get sorted. Still under warranty so I'm hopeful to get her back purring nicely again.

I'll update when I get the full feedback, if it helps anyone down the line.

Cheers guys!

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 02:54:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by IronArse [+]
I was told that the TSAS and TC faults were possibly a battery fault, but that the ABS fault was something else, and they have to investigate. She mentioned something on the phone to me about throttle mapping problem, but I didn't catch it all.
I don't get (nor buy) it either.
A failed ABS causes the TC to fail also (because bith use the same speed sensors).
To me, a failed TC can have the several root causes:
- failed speed sensor(s): without knowing the speeds of both wheels, you can't decide if the rear is slipping.
- failed software within the ECU: it receives correct values from the sensors, but for whatever (inexcusable) reason, it can't process them properly and make the appropriate decision.
- failed software again: everything's correct regarding the TC, but any other bad programmed part of the software causes a random side effect making the central system believe that there is a problem.

That said, I don't have the global architecture in mind, so there could be some fancy module somewhere processing data for ABS, TC and TSAS alone. But that seems really unlikely to me.

As far as the (overused) low battery excuse goes, you're likely to experience many more faults before seeing only peripheral organs fail (and failing Triumph batteries I had some ;-).

Offline IronArse

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Keep on keepin' on!
  • Bike: Tex XRx '17
  • City / Town: Kilkenny
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2019, 03:09:19 PM »
Hey Nik!

So I got the bike back last week after them having it for 3 weeks. Their answers were non-committal as to what caused the problem, or whether it was fully solved. I had 2 different kind of faults popping, the first being when I start the engine, a fault for usually TC popped up, then disappeared.
The other fault was full failure of TC, ABS & TSAS while riding (just regular roads now, not wild dirt or anything), with error messages popping up that had to be cleared. Usually I turn off the bike once or twice and these go away. Whether the fault goes away or not when I do this I do not know.

Anyway, so after picking the bike up, went straight to a petrol station, filled up, started her again, and the startup error message popped straight up. Only time will tell if the more serious failures show up while riding.

The bike is now out of warranty by 2 weeks, I'm wondering if since I showed this fault in before it went out of warranty, will I be covered!?

Interesting side note....I'm back in college at the moment, was telling one of my lecturers about this, he's a biker too. He gave me the email address of a guy went to my college a few years back, who's now head of TC department over in Hinckley...............

They'll get no peace from me......  :007:

Online Icy

• Explorer Master
  • Stationary Traveler
  • Bike: 2018 TEX XCx
  • City / Town: New York
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2019, 04:01:35 PM »
He gave me the email address of a guy went to my college a few years back, who's now head of TC department over in Hinckley...

Now, that's a killer... Show no mercy!  :028:  :821: 
"It's easy to learn how to speak, it takes a lot more to learn how to actually say something." ~Icy
http://instagram.com/soksa.icy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soksa/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SokSa/videos
http://www.swordclassri.com/

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2019, 06:59:36 PM »
The bike is now out of warranty by 2 weeks, I'm wondering if since I showed this fault in before it went out of warranty, will I be covered!?
That would be a pre-existing fault that the dealer has failed to correct. I can see no way that Triumph could now decline to provide warranty coverage for this issue.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline kenw

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 09:22:36 PM »
Not a gen 2, but a gen3...
Just completed a 3kkm Ulysses club AGM trip on my 2018 T1200.  No problems at all, except for a couple of TSAS errors.
A couple of times the bike wanted to recalibrate the TSAS.  Once I rode off before it finished -was taking forever.  So I had a TSAS warning light up for that ride.
The second time I walked off and let it recalibrate.  I was happy then.
In my case I'd say its more of a firmware glitch than hard fault.  Or maybe I just don't know what I should do.  -Yes I've read the manual.  Petty useless.

At least the bike is functional when it gets its knickers in a knot with the TSAS.  I didn't notice that the ride was harsher or anything.  I leave mine on full comfort position.
(I was riding two-up, loaded with lots of luggage & tank-bag.)

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 09:52:01 AM »
Same here on my Mk3: TSAS recalibration failed once and then did it thing properly (it took several minutes though!).

In any case, I'm a bit sad to see that even Mk2s apparently have a poor handling of unexpected values within the central management unit.
And what irritates me the most still is the apparent lack of skill and commitment from Triumph about all that!
If some insider could confirm (or not) my suspicions, that would make my next choice of bike much easier...

Offline R.

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: XRX 1200
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 05:30:55 PM »
I have had exactly the same problem , but only when it was hot and after stopping for a little while (+-15min - fluids stop).
My dealer has had this problem before and upgraded the firmware , so far no more problems.

R.

Recent Topics

nonskid