Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brand Respect Bruised  (Read 630 times)

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Brand Respect Bruised
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 05:40:18 PM »
The idea that a dealership would put dirty oil and filters back into an in-warranty vehicle as part of a major warranty claim is shocking. No credible mechanic would do such a thing. And I have a hard time believing that Triumph corporate would agree to that. Maybe this is a case of the dealer trying to double-dip by charging for your regular service while charging Triumph for the warranty work? It defies all logic.

Dealers mark up oil incredibly in Canada. I got charged $20 per liter for bulk synthetic oil that wasn't even the OEM brand that Triumph recommends -- the Castrol oil that Triumph recommends for my gen1 TEX was not imported to Canada by Castrol. Also, the dealer charged $5 more for a Triumph branded oil filter than Triumph Canada charged me when I bought directly from Triumph's online Canadian store.

Anyway, I'm with you on this. I would be tempted to go buy some oil and a filter and drop by your dealer and shame them.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Vin829

• Explorer Member
  • City / Town: San Jose, CA
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 06:38:29 PM »
My dealer would never do this and I have a very hard time believing a major manufacturer would recommend this. My blame would fall on the dealer

Offline Hax

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: '19 XRX
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 07:00:36 AM »
I'd simply as them how they can guarantee the cleanliness of both fluids if they were going to reuse them - see their reply  :084:
This is just stupidity but I know that dealers get "menu" times and materials for repairs and no more under warranty.
As much as I feel your frustration I'd probably roll over and cough up as long as it's documented in the service book  :006:

Offline Mvagusta

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2017 XCA
  • City / Town: Halton
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 04:40:53 PM »
Thanks a pile for your valuable input guys….all good points. Glad to see/read I’m not alone in my thoughts and not being pedantic over what is (in the great scheme of things) a few bucks. I hadn’t really thought of it as being a dealer thing before…. I’m going to call them, ask for the actual part number I’m replacing and let them know I’m going to fire off a nasty to Triumph. We’ll see what happens. Cheers!! :030:

Recent Topics

nonskid