Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Keyless starting  (Read 314 times)

Offline Cribby

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2017 Explorer XRT
  • City / Town: Blackwood
Keyless starting
« on: January 09, 2019, 08:46:36 PM »
Hi

Has anyone tried to start their bike without the fob

I have a 2018 XRT with the remote key fob and according to page 95 of the manual, you can hold one of the spare keys that come with the bike against the sensor by the rear seat and the this should allow the bike to be started? I’ve tried with both spare keys and nothing happens. If I hold the key against where I think the sensor is and press the ignition button, I sometimes get a steady red light in the top of the LCD display but no ignition?

Any ideas?

Ant

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: Keyless starting
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 09:04:30 PM »
Yes, use mine like this most of the time as I don't use the keyless too much now (as I know I am going to lose it). It is very specific where you hold it (see pic in your manual) and a cm either way renders it inoperable. Make sure the dealer has actually cloned the spare keys, they may of forgotten. As a test you can take the battery out of the main key fob and that should also work held in the same place.

Offline Zeebad

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 1200 XCx
  • City / Town: Stourbridge
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 10:59:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
Yes, use mine like this most of the time as I don't use the keyless too much now (as I know I am going to lose it). It is very specific where you hold it (see pic in your manual) and a cm either way renders it inoperable. Make sure the dealer has actually cloned the spare keys, they may of forgotten. As a test you can take the battery out of the main key fob and that should also work held in the same place.

You don't need to take the battery out. Just turn it off.

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 03:47:49 PM »
Confirmed.
First thing I tried when I got the bike.

Recent Topics