Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Twigger from Barrie, Ontario, Canada  (Read 373 times)

Offline Twigger

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 Red Tiger
  • City / Town: Barrie
Twigger from Barrie, Ontario, Canada
« on: January 20, 2019, 01:58:33 AM »
Hello Adventurers.  Had my Tiger 1200 for 6 months now and love it.  Trying to fit it out for off-road riding.  Hopefully someone in the forum will be able to assist as I am having a difficult time finding crash bars, etc.

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
Re: Twigger from Barrie, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 02:55:40 AM »
 :400: aboard, Twigger. You've chosen well with the big Tiger. Properly equipped with the right rider, they are very capable off road. The first thing I would suggest would be a complete protection package whether you ride off road or pavement all day long. Upper & lower guards, radiator guard, headlight guard and real handguards with protectors would be some of my first suggestions front & rear fender flaps and a decent shock guards are also nice additions, but probably not as important as the basic guards. If you really plan on a lot of off road riding think about soft luggage like Mosko Moto. Of Course it should go without saying that before you outfit your bike for off road you should be protected with proper gear. ATGAT should be more than just a suggestion...

Tires are another important item to consider for off road riding, but to be honest, really good rider skills will get your bike further up the trail than a good set of knobbies. Add the two together & you're golden.

You'll need to check on Canadian suppliers for products like SW Motech or Heed guards, Bark Buster hand guards etc. Here in the States there are dozens of world class suppliers, RevZilla, Twisted Throttle, Bike Bandit, J&P Cycles and ADV Designs are just a few of them.

This is just a quick start, but I'm sure you'll get lots of wise advice on this forum. There are literally thousands of years of combined motorcycle experience on this forum. :028:

Jon

Online Icy

• Explorer Master
  • Stationary Traveler
  • Bike: 2018 TEX XCx
  • City / Town: Bronxville
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 03:01:26 AM »
I take the TEX off road. Ask anything you want to brother. And welcome to the family  :002: :821:
"It's easy to learn how to speak, it takes a lot more to learn how to actually say something." ~Icy
http://instagram.com/soksa.icy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soksa/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SokSa/videos
http://www.swordclassri.com/

Offline Twigger

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 Red Tiger
  • City / Town: Barrie
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 06:00:03 PM »
Appreciate the comments.  I pulled the trigger and ordered in to my local Triumph dealer the Triumph OEM lower engine guards and sump guard along with having them bring in the SW-Motech upper crash bars.  Gonna install them and then off to the local forests for practice then to Colorado in August to meet the mountains (Raw-Hyde Adventures).  I will be prepared but hopefully won't have to actually test the equipment out!!

Offline Tiger Lad

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Triumph Exp 1200 xrt
  • City / Town: Chippenham
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 10:04:58 AM »
Hi  :400: to the forum from the uk. :031:

Offline Dick63

• Explorer Master
  • "The Mountains are Calling ... And I Must Go."
  • Bike: 2013 Blue TEx
  • City / Town: Centerville, OH
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 11:38:23 AM »
I'll just say hello and  :400: because Jon covered everything. 
Dick63

Recent Topics