Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: explorer damper rod setting  (Read 380 times)

Offline vinny900uk

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Colchester
explorer damper rod setting
« on: January 21, 2019, 05:31:58 PM »

Hi and please can any one help. I have just serviced front forks and when it came to fitting top caps to the damper rods, I set the locknut to 12 mm as per workshop manual. However the forks seem as if there is not enough preload on them, and its almost as if the preload adjuster is not working, at least until it is screwed nearly all the way in.

Also when I came to set the locknuts, I had to move them both, from where they were ( about 24mm down the rod) up to 12mm, which seemed strange. they may have moved slightly whilst being undone, but not by that much and not on both legs.

Bike is Sept 2012 Explorer and  I am the first person who has been in the forks since the factory.  So what damper rod setting is correct. I read on here on a post re fork servicing that the locknut should be wound all the way down the available  the thread, which is about where mine were, although manual says 12,, which is less than half of the available thread. Forks are standard kyaba 46mm, (with no damper adjustment)

Thanks

Recent Topics