Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: off road mode  (Read 224 times)

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Thousand Oaks, Ca
off road mode
« on: January 29, 2019, 02:53:33 AM »
So i was out in the bitter 70 degree weather that we in California have to put up with decided to ride down a road that turned into a gravel road. As I had not put the bike in off-road mode, I decided to switch over and try it. Pushed all the appropriate buttons and the bike started sinking towards the ground. I actually could touch down with both feet. Wow, I like it. Bike worked well in this mode. But when I got back on the street and started picking up speed, I started seeing the ABS light start flashing, so I stopped and switched back to road mode and the alerts went away. Very weird.

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: xcx 17/blue
  • City / Town: southwest
Re: off road mode
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 08:26:51 AM »
Hi, if you read your handbook I'm sure it says in off road mode the abs is turned off on the back wheel and the flashing light is reminding you its disabled.

Offline Tiger T.O.

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 16 Cranberry Red XRt
  • City / Town: Loosdrecht
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 12:05:06 PM »
With the help of my dealer I got my "Rider" mode installed with Off Road height and ABS :002:
As I like to get both feet on the ground too when stopping.
Just put the suspension up a few notches on the road  :001:
There are two kinds of people, those saying the glass is half full and those saying the glass is half empty. But the world really belongs to the ones that say “That’s not my glass! My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!”             Terry Pratchett  R.I.P.

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 03:07:11 PM »
Don’t forget that will be rear end only adjustment so steering will be a little slower. I have my rider mode TSAS set to off-road too for manoeuvring round gravely car parks and campsites. Handy enough alright.

Recent Topics