Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Free weekend camping  (Read 907 times)

Offline Mud-Plug

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer 1200
  • City / Town: Caerphilly
Free weekend camping
« on: January 31, 2019, 08:40:29 PM »
ADVENTURE OVERLAND EVENT 27TH/28TH APRIL
its free for us bikers this year all you need to do is go on your motorcycle.
The FREE TICKETS are for camping and admission, for the rider and pillion passenger if relevant.
How to book is simple!
1. Go to www.ticketsource.co.uk/adventureoverlandshow
2. Click on BOOK NOW for Adventure Overland ‘Spring’ Show
3. Tick box 2 WHEEL CAMPING
4. Type 1 (each bike owner has to ‘puchase’ their own Free Pass)
5. Tick the box to confirm that you have read and agree to be bound by the terms of our Purchase Policy.
6. Type email address, postal address.
7. Book passes.
8. Print off your e-ticket.
9. Present your e-ticket at Check-in upon arrival at Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse. Camping gate opens from 1pm Friday 26th April 2019. Live music in the Severn Cider Beer Tent Fri & Sat evenings, catering up to midnight!

I'm thinking turn up Friday night and go home Sunday. it looks to be a very good event take a look at https://adventure-overland-show.com/

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
Re: Free weekend camping
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 09:25:19 PM »
I've been almost every year since it started and there used to be quite a gathering of bikes. Last year not sure I saw one. We go with the Landcruisers, but honestly more for the apres show than the show itself. The organisation is pitiful, food often non existent and they try to cram people into stupidly small areas when there's a whole racecourse to go at. We know the organiser quite well so we support the show hoping it's going to get better.

It's an overland show, not an off road show and there's some good talks if you like that sort of thing. But make no mistake, the whole thing is a complete bu**er's muddle.

I arrived on the Thursday once. There must have been 4 people in the entire place. I set up camp with my truck and trailer in the infield of an empty racecourse and on the Friday had to up sticks and more the entire camp 1 meter. Yes 1 meter.  There was nothing either side. If you camp, please come and see us for a cold beer and a sausage. I am going to the Bad Kissengen show in German again this year. I'll probably do that on the bike. But even that has less bikes than it used to do.

Offline Mud-Plug

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:07:05 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. Have a few booked this year Overland winter warmer and the summer one ,ABR festival  & HUBB UK work and time willing a solo trip to Europe.
Thanks for the offer of a banger and beer  :031: :305:

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 10:32:42 PM »
Yeah, but bring your own bun, OK? We're not that generous.  :008:

Offline Mud-Plug

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 10:19:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stillwobbling [+]
Yeah, but bring your own bun, OK? We're not that generous.  :008:
Ok will bring a pack of cobs.  :082:

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 10:24:01 PM »
And sauce. We don't do free sauce.  :001:

Seriously, the weekend is what you make it. It's twice a year now and that brings pros and cons. But honestly the greatest entertainment value is watching the organisers. It gets worse each year. But you'll see if you come up.

Offline Mud-Plug

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 11:24:42 PM »
I am sure if enough bikers turn up with Bread rolls and sauce it could be fun.
Is it set up and stay or are you allowed to leave and pop out for a ride and  get some more sausages  :031:.
To be honest at these things its the people you chat and share a beer with make the event. :031:

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 08:20:29 AM »
OK there's sort of three main bits to this. There's the show (ha ha ha ha) of course in the arena bit. Then there's the day parking and general public camping, then there enclosure camping where we set up as a club stand. So, if we asked them for a Tex club stand for Overland bikes, you could come inside the inner sanctum.

Like the Eagles said, you can check out any time you like but you can never leave. Yes you can get a pass out to go and fetch more sausages, but they get really really upset if you try and leave early, before the end of the show when you're in the club area. OMG I mean like ballistic. We had some members who needed to get on the road to get to the South coast. They actually tried to block them in to prevent them getting out. So you're better in the public car par really. Unless you have a spare Landcruiser then you can come and join us.

There's no consistency at all. Turn up at the gate and it's Cruiser club, yes straight down on the right. Next vehicle, Cruiser club? Never heard of them. You'll have to pay and camp out on the main road. It's totally random. You are though far far better to pay in advance and get a ticket sent out. Paying on the day can be torture. We had 6 free tickets once. They were named tickets. We got there and found they'd just given them to anyone who turned up looking hopeful.

I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Offline Mud-Plug

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 05:24:17 PM »
Have done the online booking as you point out pay on the gate can be a PITA.
Moving is a bit petty but hayho power can go to some peoples head.
I will try and get a group of mates together and that will guarantee a good buzz.
Will pop over to the inner circle to meet the chosen ones and your good-self  :005:

Recent Topics