Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: new dealer tool acquisition  (Read 380 times)

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Thousand Oaks, Ca
new dealer tool acquisition
« on: February 05, 2019, 04:49:34 AM »
Well, I pulled the plug and ordered and recieved the dealer tool set up. it took about a week to reach here in (wet California) from Britain. Just a heads up, but I am not a computer whiz, so I was faced with downloading the program to a old laptop (windows 7) and asking it work. So I downloaded the instructions, which as usual, I just scanned over. I downloaded the next thing on the list, which was the operating system, then I loaded, or tried to load the drivers for the cable that was supplied. I was not surprised when it did not work. After rereading the instructions a couple of times, I deleted the programs and started over. I figured out that you load the drivers first, in my case the drivers for the 2010 and earlier systems and it started working. After that, I was able to delete the wrench and check the flow of the injectors. I will say that the purchase has already paid for its self and I anticipate using it later on. :020:

Offline PTwizz

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger1200XC2015
  • City / Town: Norfolk
Re: new dealer tool acquisition
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 01:42:36 PM »
When all else fails, read the instructions!
Seriously, every time someone goes through the process of trying, failing and reading the instructions, they learn a little more about the subject.
The Dealertool is good value and as you say, pays for itself on first use - although that probably says more about the Triumph dealer service costs than anything else.

Offline Swamprider

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 (2017)
  • City / Town: San José
Re: new dealer tool acquisition
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 02:36:56 AM »
Is this the one you ordered?
https://dealertoolcouk.ipage.com/

:187:

Regards,
Patrick

Offline Hawk281