Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: new dealer tool acquisition  (Read 642 times)

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Thousand Oaks, Ca
new dealer tool acquisition
« on: February 05, 2019, 04:49:34 AM »
Well, I pulled the plug and ordered and recieved the dealer tool set up. it took about a week to reach here in (wet California) from Britain. Just a heads up, but I am not a computer whiz, so I was faced with downloading the program to a old laptop (windows 7) and asking it work. So I downloaded the instructions, which as usual, I just scanned over. I downloaded the next thing on the list, which was the operating system, then I loaded, or tried to load the drivers for the cable that was supplied. I was not surprised when it did not work. After rereading the instructions a couple of times, I deleted the programs and started over. I figured out that you load the drivers first, in my case the drivers for the 2010 and earlier systems and it started working. After that, I was able to delete the wrench and check the flow of the injectors. I will say that the purchase has already paid for its self and I anticipate using it later on. :020:

Offline PTwizz

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger1200XC2015
  • City / Town: Norfolk
Re: new dealer tool acquisition
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 01:42:36 PM »
When all else fails, read the instructions!
Seriously, every time someone goes through the process of trying, failing and reading the instructions, they learn a little more about the subject.
The Dealertool is good value and as you say, pays for itself on first use - although that probably says more about the Triumph dealer service costs than anything else.

Offline Swamprider

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 (2017)
  • City / Town: San José
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 02:36:56 AM »
Is this the one you ordered?
https://dealertoolcouk.ipage.com/

:187:

Regards,
Patrick

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 04:57:16 AM »
yes, it is.

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 01:47:42 AM »
a question for those who are infinitely familiar with the dealer tool use. can you reset the wrench, service interval before it needs it. my 18 is now showing 26 days before a service, but i can't reset now, for whatever the reason.

Offline ijinak

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Alaska
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 03:35:46 PM »
I bought Dealertool a couple of years back for my 955 Tiger, and updated it for my Explorer. It has more than paid for itself  :152:

Recent Topics