Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Engine cuts out when warm  (Read 167 times)

Offline Nojalllen

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Triumph explorer
  • City / Town: Widnes
Engine cuts out when warm
« on: February 12, 2019, 03:24:25 PM »
Can I please ask has anyone experienced there engine cutting out when really hot ??

2013 triumph tiger explorer 17500 miles

I’ve not had the chance to ride my bike over the last nine months but as the MOT is due I thought I’d dust off the cobwebs and give it a quick oil change. Once the oil change was complete I let the engine running whilst I give it a little wash but after it’s been running about 20 mins and fan had cut in and out a few time the engine stopped. Whilst attempting to restart I noticed there was no fuel pump cutting in. Another thing I noticed was that as the ignition is first switched on the clocked went through the cycle as normal but after a few seconds the gear indicator display when out.

Once the bike has been left to cool everything goes back to normal and starts as it should.

Has anyone had any similar issues please or even where would you recommend starting the diagnostics.

At first I thought it could be a data tool fault but the website says this model has no outstanding concerns.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jon
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:31:19 PM by Nojalllen »

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Engine cuts out when warm
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 05:41:38 PM »
You washed it. I'm thinking that you may have a loose earth (ground) connection. Check your battery connections (both ends) to see that they are clean and tight. Look for corrosion.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Recent Topics