Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sport rider mode  (Read 842 times)

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
Re: Sport rider mode
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 08:18:56 PM »
My 1st generation 2015 explorer  :002: has got rain, normal and sports mode

When its raining I open the throttle gently, when in normal I open the throttle more sharply, when in sport mode it tends to get pinned to the stop.
Never had a problem with it.  :015: :015:

If I ever change to a newer model it will only get used in one mode anyway  :084: :084:
4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 08:40:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by mjab [+]
My 1st generation 2015 explorer  :002: has got rain, normal and sports mode

When its raining I open the throttle gently, when in normal I open the throttle more sharply, when in sport mode it tends to get pinned to the stop.
Never had a problem with it.  :015: :015:

If I ever change to a newer model it will only get used in one mode anyway  :084: :084:
:0461:  BTW, have you had your firmware updated? It is supposed to improve your perception, reflexes and hand/eye coordination by about 22%  See your Red Bull dispensary for more information.  :038:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Zeebad

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 1200 XCx
  • City / Town: Stourbridge
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 11:14:46 PM »
When I was shopping for my Gen3 last year I had a spreadsheet of everything to help me make my decision. Costs of bits that could be added on to the lower models if available and if I wanted them. Spotlights for example. Pannier choices, tall screen, quick shifter, arrow can - that sort of thing. Also things that I'd have to sacrifice if I didn't want to spend the top dollar (I could just about afford it, but better if I didn't have to). So hill hold, rider mode, cornering headlights etc.

I ended up with the XCX in a choice that ended up partly driven by the colour I wanted. It does come with sport mode, but not rider specific mode. Decided I didn't need hill hold etc and didn't want to pay for the quick shifter. I put third party spots on the triumph mounts, all third party luggage and racks, and a remus can. Literally the only thing that caught me out from planning is when I went looking for the different colours and themes for the TFT dash and couldn't find the ones that were on the demo I rode (an XRT). That doesn't really count as a disappointment. I'm delighted with how it turned out.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:31:03 PM by Zeebad »

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 09:01:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by Zeebad [+]
When I was shopping for my Gen3 last year I had a spreadsheet of everything to help me make my decision. Costs of bits that could be added on to the lower models if available and if I wanted them. Spotlights for example. Pannier choices, tall screen, quick shifter, arrow can - that sort of thing. Also things that I'd have to sacrifice if I didn't want to spend the top dollar (I could just about afford it, but better if I didn't have to). So hill hold, rider mode, cornering headlights etc.

I ended up with the XCX in a choice that ended up partly driven by the colour I wanted. It does come with sport mode, but not rider specific mode. Decided I didn't need hill hold etc and didn't want to pay for the quick shifter. I put third party spots on the triumph mounts, all third party luggage and racks, and a remus can. Literally the only thing that caught me out from planning is when I went looking for the different colours and themes for the TFT dash and couldn't find the ones that were on the demo I rode (an XRT). That doesn't really count as a disappointment. I'm delighted with how it turned out.
I have the XCa and I agree, the XCx is better value for money.

Recent Topics

nonskid