Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Should i purchase  (Read 1041 times)

Offline eddieredbulls

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: tiger 1200 adventure
  • City / Town: middletown, NJ
Re: Should i purchase
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 10:59:04 PM »
I like to sincerely thank everyone who responded to me.  We agreed on a price of $7,000 out the door; tax, dealer prep everything.   

I'm going to call Triumph back and have another conversation with them and I'll walk into a Triumph Dealer service desk and see what they say. 

I was thinking maybe I'd ask the dealership a non Triumph dealer to split the cost with me on an extended warranty, about $1200. 

Even though I got emotionally connected to this bike. But based on your insight I may save a little more and purchase a 2015. 

I wish I could buy you guys a beer for all your help, maybe one day    :047:

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 11:33:19 PM »
Any way that it plays out, I hope that you find the Explorer that is right for you. It IS a lovely bike. I have enjoyed mine for almost five years and hope to continue doing so for another five.  :028:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Online Crosshairs

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: OCEANPORT
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 12:02:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by eddieredbulls [+]
I like to sincerely thank everyone who responded to me.  We agreed on a price of $7,000 out the door; tax, dealer prep everything.   

I'm going to call Triumph back and have another conversation with them and I'll walk into a Triumph Dealer service desk and see what they say. 

I was thinking maybe I'd ask the dealership a non Triumph dealer to split the cost with me on an extended warranty, about $1200. 

Even though I got emotionally connected to this bike. But based on your insight I may save a little more and purchase a 2015. 

I wish I could buy you guys a beer for all your help, maybe one day    :047:

Is this the bike for sale at Jersey shore power sports?
Im pretty sure it is..and I can tell you that the price is too high.... look around..you can do way better.....

Offline eddieredbulls

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: tiger 1200 adventure
  • City / Town: middletown, NJ
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 11:04:39 AM »
Thanks way better in price or dealership? 

Online Crosshairs

• Explorer Pro
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 12:52:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by eddieredbulls [+]
Thanks way better in price or dealership?

I bought probably 8 bikes from that place over the years ....my last 3 however came from different dealerships so I cant really speak to their worthiness  I can say however that they dont like to negotiate price in good faith, ( lots of fees thrown in at last minute) so thats why my last 3 bikes were purchased elsewhere...

And yes, , I believe you can  do much better on price....6 months ago I bought a 2014 with  1000 miles on it for not much more than what they want for that bike....expand your search a bit...you may have to go out of state,( NY ,PA, Connecticut)  but you can do much better

Online Icy

• Explorer Master
  • Stationary Traveler
  • Bike: 2018 TEX XCx
  • City / Town: Bronxville
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 01:11:10 PM »
 :0461: Give Triumph of Westchester folks a ring - my dealership. One, if not the best in the North East. Talk to Les and see what he has to offer. Don't hesitate to tell them "The Tiger dude with the license place ICY says hi" and that's like 10% discount right there... or maybe 10% increase in price, depends on the mood...

This is the right time to go for a haggle man. One more month and it will be hot season.

I wonder if my old TEX is still available with them - 2015 XC with 20K miles on it, zero problems...
"It's easy to learn how to speak, it takes a lot more to learn how to actually say something." ~Icy
http://instagram.com/soksa.icy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soksa/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SokSa/videos
http://www.swordclassri.com/

Online Crosshairs

• Explorer Pro
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 02:25:31 PM »
And dont rule out new bikes...some places have leftovers at screaming deals....here is  one example .

https://locomotionpowersports.com/Motorcycles-Triumph-Tiger-Explorer-XRx-Low-2017-Mahwah-NJ-65373522-1703-448e-b90c-a78c014a9f16

This is where I bought my last bike.......great people here and only a 1 hr ride up the Parkway....

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 02:59:37 AM »
I totally agree with Dick.   W.A.L.K.   A.W.A.Y.
Jon

Recent Topics