Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Screen Adjustment motor  (Read 252 times)

Offline ToeCutter

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer XCx
  • City / Town: Newport
Screen Adjustment motor
« on: February 22, 2019, 08:19:48 PM »
Anybody else had theirs break as a result of it running off the end of the screw thread?

It would appear the hall effect sensor that is supposed to tell the ECU the motor has reached the end of it travel has failed or it's being ignored.  Either way a replacement is around £350  :005:

What's particularly annoying is that the bike is still under warranty but the unit must have broken on the previous owner and they've bodged it up and I've only found out now, so it looks like I'm stuck with putting this right myself.

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
Re: Screen Adjustment motor
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 09:30:42 AM »
Oh dear!
Thing is, you can't see/feel when it happens. So there is no preventive measure to be taken!

Judging by all the possible failures I had on my Mk3, I could very well have this one also...
If this happens, I'll let you know here.

In the meantime, I wish you good luck with replacing the failed motor!

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 04:24:17 PM »
On my ST1300, preventative maintenance included lubricating the track that the power windscreen runs in as well as the cable actuator and assorted moving bits.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline ToeCutter

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer XCx
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 05:20:56 PM »
Thanks guys, sounds like the mechanism on the Pan Euro is more complex, not that makes any difference. On the maintenance side, I've been giving it a regular squirt of PTFE Silicon grease during the winter.

Recent Topics