Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Slip-On Exhaust  (Read 393 times)

Offline swartzieee

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2014 XC
  • City / Town: Denver
New Slip-On Exhaust
« on: February 26, 2019, 07:50:19 PM »
Hope everyone is having a good day!

I bought a 2nd hand 2014 TEX with a small crack in the aftermarket exhaust. The bike runs perfectly however.  I am wanting to replace it with a new one.  I was thinking about going with an arrow but I am open to other thoughts. 

A9600415 - https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2014-triumph-tiger-explorer-xc-silencer-slip-on-arrow/o/m155984sch806137

I look forward to your suggestions.

Offline Dark Star

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Explorer XRT
  • City / Town: Rhondda
Re: New Slip-On Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 01:03:16 AM »
Pipewerx..........works. Various styles for various tastes.  Light weight, nice sound.  I've been running mine for 2 years now with no problems.

Offline oxidefilm

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: '13 Tex
  • City / Town: NYC
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 01:40:42 PM »
I have a Yoshimura RS4. Very easy installation, much better (but not much louder) sound, significant (10%) increase in gas mileage...

Online Ollyreid

• Explorer Pro
  • Happiness is a bike called TEX....
  • Bike: Tr'Ex / T'Alp / VFR
  • City / Town: Warwickshire
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 11:10:16 AM »

About the Arrow exhaust! 

Just as an aside on this (and Admin I am sorry if this is in the wrong spot - so please move / delete) but regarding the Arrow exhaust.  I read some time ago that people were having issues with it slipping out of the clamp and coming seperated from the header pipes.

Is this still an issue?  If people have fixed it - how did they do it?   

I have one fitted and keep an eye on it and I'm not sure if it has moved very slightly, I've since marked it to see if it does creep.

I really like it - and in the sale it was a great bargain - but surely it should not do this! 

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 11:34:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ollyreid [+]
About the Arrow exhaust! 

Just as an aside on this (and Admin I am sorry if this is in the wrong spot - so please move / delete) but regarding the Arrow exhaust.  I read some time ago that people were having issues with it slipping out of the clamp and coming seperated from the header pipes.

Is this still an issue?  If people have fixed it - how did they do it?   

I have one fitted and keep an eye on it and I'm not sure if it has moved very slightly, I've since marked it to see if it does creep.

I really like it - and in the sale it was a great bargain - but surely it should not do this!

As long as the Arrow is slipped in right up to its shoulder and the 10mm bolt is firm it should be fine. I have had no problems since mine was replaced by Triumph but do nip it up once in a while.

Offline Zeebad

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 1200 XCx
  • City / Town: Stourbridge
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 01:40:19 PM »
Got a Remus hexacone on mine that I'm pleased with.

Offline Tigraid

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: '16 R1200GSA
  • City / Town: Dursley
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 05:25:22 PM »
Remus Hexacone was fitted to mine. Fab exhaust, lovely fruity tone and no re-map needed.

Recent Topics