Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Explorer disapearing into a cloud of white smoke  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Dilbert

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 800 XRx
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
Re: Explorer disapearing into a cloud of white smoke
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 01:01:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
Have a look at the picture on this page:

https://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/topic,16562.40.html

Yes, I found that and it all looked too familiar, which is one reason why I chopped it in, the main reason though was that I haven't had a bike for nearly seven weeks now and due to the workshop being ploughed out it could be another 5 weeks before it is sorted, if it ever does get sorted  :155:
I'll never be old enough to know better !

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Explorer disapearing into a cloud of white smoke
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 04:22:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
Yes, I found that and it all looked too familiar, which is one reason why I chopped it in, the main reason though was that I haven't had a bike for nearly seven weeks now and due to the workshop being ploughed out it could be another 5 weeks before it is sorted, if it ever does get sorted  :155:
Leaves one to wonder if this is really a weakness from shoddy machining or a design fault (or both). I guess the type of coolant used could also be a factor.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Recent Topics

nonskid