Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Injector Cleaner  (Read 678 times)

Offline Tiger T.O.

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 16 Cranberry Red XRt
  • City / Town: Loosdrecht
Re: Injector Cleaner
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 12:35:59 PM »
I use 98 octane gas whenever available :001: works great  :028:
There are two kinds of people, those saying the glass is half full and those saying the glass is half empty. But the world really belongs to the ones that say “That’s not my glass! My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!”             Terry Pratchett  R.I.P.

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 05:03:06 PM »
Oh yeah, sure!
The number is higher so the performance must be accordingly!
 :138:

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2019, 05:26:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by NiK [+]
Oh yeah, sure!
The number is higher so the performance must be accordingly!
 :138:
I use Chevron 94 whenever I can find it because it has no ethanol in it. But it also is advertised to have double the Techron.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Online Crosshairs

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: OCEANPORT
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2019, 07:44:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tiger T.O. [+]
I use 98 octane gas whenever available :001: works great  :028:

Thats 94 Octane for us USA folks...I run plain old 87 in mine (92 for you) ...thats all it calls for so thats all I feed it.
I do run a fuel cleaner through it every once in a while, but Its really just out of habit and it free for me......I doubt its doing anything though . 

Offline eps

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Preston
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2019, 08:47:41 PM »
I've neverfelt the need to use it  - I use standard 95ron  supermarket fuel - it rarely stays in there very long !!!!  :001:
Never had a problem - except that one time I put diesel in it but lets not talk about that !!  :008:

Offline vsteel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Boise
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2019, 09:00:29 PM »
I just use 87 (US) octane and never run any cleaner, ever.  The key is to run a lot of gas through the bike, I run 250 (US) gallons through it a year.  :001:

I think pretty much all brands now have cleaners in them.  I remember about 30 years ago when fuel injection was becoming common and we had an old gasoline tank on the ranch (1000 gallon) that had a build up in it.  The formulation of the gas changed and we had to install a filter because the new fuel was cleaning out the old deposits.   Ever since then the inside of the tank has been clean and shiny. 

Only thing I run Seafoam through is my 1951 Oliver tractor. 

Offline Sidi1200

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Phantom Explorer
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2019, 09:49:57 PM »
When you use a Cleaner in your engine... Change the Engine Lube Oil as soon as you can.. that chore is just as easy as putting Engine cleaner in your fuel ..  its just good Maintenance Practice.. Lube anything that is suppose to move , Tighten anything that doesn't.. zimplez... yah?
Anyone can make it complicated..... Its pure Genius to make it Simple....
A Scotsman once told me that "the best glass to drink whisky out of, is the one that doesn't leak"

Online Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 11:04:31 PM »
I usually run 91 octane in mine mainly because I prefer not running ethanol through it. However it runs just as well on 87 octane except in hot weather. (90°F) I also dump a few ounces of Sea Foam through it 3-4 times per riding season and through the winter.
Jon

Offline Givusaclue

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer, vfr's, drz
  • City / Town: Boston
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2019, 10:39:34 AM »
i just use whatever the petrol pump has, we don't have so many choices in the uk, we don't have seafoam either i don't think

Recent Topics

nonskid