Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Removal of front fender  (Read 433 times)

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Winterswijk
Removal of front fender
« on: March 03, 2019, 10:19:07 AM »
As the topic title already explains. How do I remove the front wheel fender? Do I need to remove the front wheel in total?
I want to install a fender extender and tried yesterday to take out the fender but with no luck.

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
Re: Removal of front fender
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 02:58:53 PM »
Do you mean the mud guard bit? It just unbolts with some fairly obvious fastenings then slips out through the forks over the top of the tyre. I put a fender extender on mine recently. Certainly no need to take the wheel out, no. The brake lines are hooked in there but they just pop out.

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Winterswijk
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 05:43:55 PM »
Thats what i tought. But no luck. I took both fearings on the side of, those 2 where the front 4 screenshots are in. Then i remover the screws in the back side of the fender. It was completere loosde and brake hoses out of the clips. Fender did not come of. The 2 ‘legs’ On the fender does not fit through the front legs of the bike. It is a 1200xca.

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 10:06:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne [+]
The 2 ‘legs’ On the fender does not fit through the front legs of the bike.

You need to carefully bend it a bit and it will fit between the forks. I've done mine that way several times with no damage.

Offline BIG BILL

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer Xc
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 02:44:13 PM »
Hi
If you mean the fender extender that fits onto the bottom of your front mud guard/fender, it is easy to fit with wheel still in place-attached, I have done around 6 on my bikes and never removed a front wheel yet.

Clean and glue in place, (If it is like the ones I buy they come with double sided sticky tape on them) measure for screws and mark with a pen, use a smaller drill bit for the holes than your extender screw which should be self tappers, then screw your screws that came with the kit tight but not over tight, you could add a bit of superglue to the thread.

As I said, I've probably done at least 6 of these on my bikes over the years and never ever had a problem with them.

Cheers  BB
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 02:46:05 PM by BIG BILL »
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the Bloody thing (Barry Sheene)

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: xcx 17/blue
  • City / Town: southwest
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 06:38:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne [+]
As the topic title already explains. How do I remove the front wheel fender? Do I need to remove the front wheel in total?
I want to install a fender extender and tried yesterday to take out the fender but with no luck.
                         hi, flex the guard and it will come out without removing wheel. TIP, the triumph extender fits perfect. some aftermarket ones are wrong shape and rub on tyre.

Recent Topics