Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TomTom Rider 550  (Read 545 times)

Offline Robj62

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 Xca
  • City / Town: Lomma
TomTom Rider 550
« on: March 03, 2019, 03:05:12 PM »
Help please i have tried many pairings options with my 550 i have a sena 20s evo,iphone 6s and the 550 i can´t get it to work i have read instructions many times :005:what i want to no is can i pair my 550 so i can hear music from ex spotyfi and voice command from 550 and phone call like garmin 595 can do
Rob

Offline Simsar

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer 2015
  • City / Town: Wisbech
Re: TomTom Rider 550
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 07:35:03 PM »
the new tom tom will connect to the iPhone and 20s.  I found with my one if I you the 20s on before you switch the tom tom on it won't pair you need to switch your tom tom on first then your 20s, they should then pair. good luck if it won't work give me a shout and I will run through mine again just to make sure. regards Simon.  :047: :047: :047:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 07:37:42 PM by Simsar »

Offline Robj62

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 04:35:31 PM »
Hi thanks i did this.Paired my phone to channel 1 on headset, my tomtom to phone,and tomtom to channel 2 on headset so i can hear music,voice  from gps, and answer calls by tapping on my headset,but i cant se on the gps any calls or messages so i dont no if thats possible but if someone no the fix write it down :440: 
Rob

Offline Letemfly

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Driffield
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 11:42:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Robj62 [+]
Hi thanks i did this.Paired my phone to channel 1 on headset, my tomtom to phone,and tomtom to channel 2 on headset so i can hear music,voice  from gps, and answer calls by tapping on my headset,but i cant se on the gps any calls or messages so i dont no if thats possible but if someone no the fix write it down :440:

Might be because you are pairing to both phone and headset to satnav.

Try connecting phone to headset ch 1 and satnav to ch2 (don't pair tomtom to phone) and see if that works.

Offline Robj62

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 05:08:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Letemfly [+]
Might be because you are pairing to both phone and headset to satnav.

Try connecting phone to headset ch 1 and satnav to ch2 (don't pair tomtom to phone) and see if that works.

Thanks but no it won´t work i got music and voice from phone call at the same time (mixed) in the headset if it paired like that
Rob

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 08:24:05 PM »
Pair phone to Sat Nav and Sat Nav to headset but not both to Headset . That way you get text messages and phone calls via the Sat Nav and on screen image of who is phoning and of texts, whoever thought that would be a great idea?!?!  If you have another setup wipe on all devices and start again via Sat Nav. I found when using comms with others the Sat Nav interferes with voice directions far too much and I ended up ditching all links with the Sat Nav and just use it visually now.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 08:27:18 PM by XCaTel »

Offline Robj62

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 08:53:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
Pair phone to Sat Nav and Sat Nav to headset but not both to Headset . That way you get text messages and phone calls via the Sat Nav and on screen image of who is phoning and of texts, whoever thought that would be a great idea?!?!  If you have another setup wipe on all devices and start again via Sat Nav. I found when using comms with others the Sat Nav interferes with voice directions far too much and I ended up ditching all links with the Sat Nav and just use it visually now.
Hi and thanks ,for now it works the Way i want i can listen to music,get voice directions,and phone calls i just skip the messages but i want to see if it works but i dont think it will work like Garmin 595.The support on TomTom they dont no and Sena cant help so forum like this are the best way to get some help so thanks. :305: :047:
Rob

Recent Topics

nonskid